Anyone solely feed their Frenchie a raw/BARF diet?

KimB3384

Reaction score
[MENTION=746]Maddie[/MENTION], I think that totally depends on what you read and who you talk to. Just like with everything else, different people have different opinions. I think there are some people on here who feed a homemade diet that's based on cooked meat, and their dogs look healthy and happy. I'm sure you'd hear from some people who say that the food absolutely needs to be uncooked. I have no idea. I'm not even sure I'm eating properly most of the time, but I do what seems best for me on that day. I try to do the same with Bisou. If you're feeding your dog good quality food, can it possibly be bad if it's cooked? No. Feeding it raw isn't going to make your dog immortal, so I think you need to do what you feel comfortable with. I spend so much time worrying about whether or not I'm doing the right thing by my dog that I actually miss out on quality time with her. I'll be so busy looking at her to see if her weight looks normal, or wondering if she's happy, and I don't actually get in the moment and enjoy her. If you're not feeding your dog circus peanuts and Milky Way candy bars, I'll bet your dog does just fine.

ZURI PUP

Reaction score
Hi i feed raw to my zuri but now with this yeast problem what will be the best raw for her.i`m feeding her hambrger with raw eggs and shells with dino-vite which she`s not to happy with it and coconut oil. I was told raw honey was good also.thanks

KimB3384

Reaction score
Hi i feed raw to my zuri but now with this yeast problem what will be the best raw for her.i`m feeding her hambrger with raw eggs and shells with dino-vite which she`s not to happy with it and coconut oil. I was told raw honey was good also.thanks

We're yeast-free now but it's a constant issue we battle. We avoid anything starchy or that will break down into sugars that will feed the yeast, so if you have a yeast issue I would not give honey. Our safe proteins are alligator, venison, beef, goat, rabbit, pork, and bison. We cannot do any poultry at all - including eggs - because it all leads to yeasty allergic breakouts. I also give Bene-bac Plus every day. It's both a pre- and probiotic powder that I mix into her breakfast. It might be overkill, but she also gets plain Greek yogurt with dinner and some plain kefir in the morning before breakfast. In the summer, particularly when it's warm, I have to wipe down her lady parts and feet with an unscented baby wipe.

You probably want a good antifungal shampoo and spray to use during breakouts. Are you using anything specific right now?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score

When you say you're feeding hamburger, do you mean just ground beef? When feeding raw, there is an certain ratio of meat, bone and organ you want to do so they get the proper nutrients.

ZURI PUP

Reaction score
No she gets hambuger, chicken, beef liver, raw eggs and crushed egg shells plus salmom oil and dino-vite.was putting sweet pot. In it plus other vegs but noe she has a yeast problem so had to do away with carb. And now looking to see which vegs. Will be good for her that won`t make the yeash thing worst.

ZURI PUP

Reaction score
I took her to the vet monday and gave her 2 shots and a shampoo for dogs with skin problems plus some predizone tablets.the next day after i gave her a bath she is looking better and eating better.still somewhat on the ichy side. Worried alittle about the meds for i read where they too can make the yeasty thing worst.

🆕 Latest posts