Vomiting and diarrhoea

Calcon

Reaction score
For a few days now my Frenchie has been throwing up whatever we feed him then throwing up even more yellow liquid. The second day I gave him a small amount of chicken and rice and he threw that up. The third day I just gave him little bits of chicken throughout the day then he still ended up throwing it back up. Today I have just given him a bit of natural yoghurt every now and then and some charcoal biscuits that the pet shop recommended and he hasn’t been sick, but before he’s been being sick he starts licking his lips and swallowing a lot which he has done today but again he hasn’t been sick on just the charcoal biscuits and natural yoghurt. He seems his normal self and he wants to eat and drink as normal. Not sure what the problem is.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
For a few days now my Frenchie has been throwing up whatever we feed him then throwing up even more yellow liquid. The second day I gave him a small amount of chicken and rice and he threw that up. The third day I just gave him little bits of chicken throughout the day then he still ended up throwing it back up. Today I have just given him a bit of natural yoghurt every now and then and some charcoal biscuits that the pet shop recommended and he hasn’t been sick, but before he’s been being sick he starts licking his lips and swallowing a lot which he has done today but again he hasn’t been sick on just the charcoal biscuits and natural yoghurt. He seems his normal self and he wants to eat and drink as normal. Not sure what the problem is.

How old is he? What do you normally feed and how much?

Have you had a the vet check his palate and esophaguses?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Calcon

Reaction score
Not been the vets with him yet but today, he's drank and ate a meal and he seems fine so hopefully it was just a stomach but of some sort.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Not been the vets with him yet but today, he's drank and ate a meal and he seems fine so hopefully it was just a stomach but of some sort.

Keep watch.. and keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repose

Reaction score
I had a similar experience with my boy Hugo But only for a single day. Would not eat anything. Barely drank anything. I gave him some bone broth from the pet store and he drank that right away, I also froze some broth in an ice cube tray for him to pick at. He had crazy diarrhea, too, but it resolved on it’s own by the end of the day. Hopefully it’s a similar thing with your pup and he stays well.

Wishing the best for you.

olouttt

Reaction score
If your dog is having diarrhea for multiple days, you need to take your dog to the vet. Diarrhea can be caused by a number of different problems, some serious and some mild. Your vet should be able to determine the cause and treat accordingly. Or try to find info on Pet Express.