Best Frenchie Dog Food?

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
As has been mentioned before, I also use Dog Food Advisor as a resource.
My parameters were that I wanted a top rated food and one that was readily available.

I mix the three below, making a gravy with the TOTW kibble by adding hot water to it.
Taste of the Wild dry kibble has been our choice for years, both for puppies and adults.
Easy to find and highly rated at 4.5 stars out of five.
We also supplement with cut green beans and Fresh Pet rolls. (5 stars)
Our guys flourish on this!!
They also get treats during the day and ice cream at night (vanilla)

I decided to try Carna4 grain free duck kibble to give my dog some variety. Carna4 Dog Food - Chicken - Carna4 It's made in Canada, lightly baked and air dried , with sprouted beans, and doesn't have any added vitamins due to the nutrition in the sprouts.
I'll report back if my dog starts licking her feet again, because she had always licked her paws with every kibble I tried before I switched to dehydrated raw. You have a lot of air dried choices in US, eg. Only Natural max meat, Real Meat etc. but here it's the only one that I know of. Ziwipeak is available here but it's very expensive.

Frenchie Fanatic

Reaction score
I decided to try Carna4 grain free duck kibble to give my dog some variety. Carna4 Dog Food - Chicken - Carna4 It's made in Canada, lightly baked and air dried , with sprouted beans, and doesn't have any added vitamins due to the nutrition in the sprouts.
I'll report back if my dog starts licking her feet again, because she had always licked her paws with every kibble I tried before I switched to dehydrated raw. You have a lot of air dried choices in US, eg. Only Natural max meat, Real Meat etc. but here it's the only one that I know of. Ziwipeak is available here but it's very expensive.

Great thanks. I will look forward to hearing about your results. :)

Honeys Owners

Reaction score

Honey seems to be licking a bit more now that she's on the Carna4, so I'll use up the 3 pound bag and put her back on the dehydrated raw after (EasyRaw)

kpromero

Reaction score
Sorry for posting this late but we love Steves Real Food which is raw in nugget form. Cost is $120 for 5 week supply. Bery easy to use and prepare for next day

olouttt

Reaction score
My Bulldog likes home made food, he is absolutely happy with blend chicken and rice. For a french Bulldog, it is obligatory that there must be high meat content in the food. I've read here https://womentake.com/best-dog-food-for-bulldog/ that it's very important to avoid soybeans, peas, beans, milk products, fatty or spicy foods . But my Jeammy likes milk very much and feels okay. Do you folks give milk products to your dogs?

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
My Bulldog likes home made food, he is absolutely happy with blend chicken and rice. For a french Bulldog, it is obligatory that there must be high meat content in the food. I've read here https://womentake.com/best-dog-food-for-bulldog/ that it's very important to avoid soybeans, peas, beans, milk products, fatty or spicy foods . But my Jeammy likes milk very much and feels okay. Do you folks give milk products to your dogs?

Dairy doesn't agree with Wally. I do feed him yogurt but it's lactosse free probiotic yogurt.

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score

I give Gus Answers Goat Milk Kefir. Good source of probiotics. I don't think I'd give him regular cow's milk, as I don't really know what the benefits would be, and I know it is hard to digest for some dogs.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score

Raw Goats milk or milk keifer is better for them