Could It be Allergies?

Panaya

Reaction score
So I recently had a revelation that my pups might be suffering from food allergies. They started on Royal Canin and they seemed to be fine. But them I noticed that our older pup (7 Months) is always baby barfing right after he eats and I also noticed that he has what look like bug bites on his tummy. He also has cut back on the eating. He used to swallow his food at feeding time.

Baby girl (4 months) has always had a great appetite but now she is also baby barfing and has the red spots on her tummy. I both they're poop is like soft serve instead of firm like logs.

Since then we have transition her ( he refused to eat it) to Blue Buffalo grain free but same results. I don't know if we should change their food again and if so, to what?

Please help...

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
So I recently had a revelation that my pups might be suffering from food allergies. They started on Royal Canin and they seemed to be fine. But them I noticed that our older pup (7 Months) is always baby barfing right after he eats and I also noticed that he has what look like bug bites on his tummy. He also has cut back on the eating. He used to swallow his food at feeding time.

Baby girl (4 months) has always had a great appetite but now she is also baby barfing and has the red spots on her tummy. I both they're poop is like soft serve instead of firm like logs.

Since then we have transition her ( he refused to eat it) to Blue Buffalo grain free but same results. I don't know if we should change their food again and if so, to what?

Please help...

Definitely allergies ... RC is not a good food. Try to avoid chicken as it tends to be a high allergen. Try duck or turkey, also go high quality like, Acana, Fromm, Earthborn Holistic, Open Farm

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, change food to a higher quality kibble and make sure you do a transition over 7-10 days. Overfeeding can also lead to soft serve poop.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
When I adopted my Frenchie at a year old, she came with a half bag of Royal Canin and if I remember correctly, the first ingredient is chicken by products. I took her off that immediately. If you are able to and it is in your budget, offer a kibble such as Acana, Orijen, Zignature, Open Farm, Fromm, etc...

veronika5

Reaction score
Hi,

My 14 week French Bulldog is experiencing symptoms of what I think is allergies. He is currently on Taste of the Wild Puppy Formula and I use the Stella and Chewy meal toppers ( lamb) to mix it in. He is not a big Kibble fan at all. We got him around 8 weeks and the breeder had him on a NutriSource Puppy starter formula. The vet suggested to go chicken and grain free. He always seemed to be itchy since we got him. He recently had a skin infection on the side of his face which he was constantly scratching that turned into scabs. Lately he has been having very watery eyes with excessive tears which have made him get those " copper colored " tear stains. He also licks his paws frequently. Also the last week he began making new noises which sound like he is slurping and having dififculty breathing. He plays fine I emailed a video to our vet and he said that could be reverse sneezing and to give him Benadryl. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar symptoms with their Frenchie and what could be done ?

Thank you !!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

My 14 week French Bulldog is experiencing symptoms of what I think is allergies. He is currently on Taste of the Wild Puppy Formula and I use the Stella and Chewy meal toppers ( lamb) to mix it in. He is not a big Kibble fan at all. We got him around 8 weeks and the breeder had him on a NutriSource Puppy starter formula. The vet suggested to go chicken and grain free. He always seemed to be itchy since we got him. He recently had a skin infection on the side of his face which he was constantly scratching that turned into scabs. Lately he has been having very watery eyes with excessive tears which have made him get those " copper colored " tear stains. He also licks his paws frequently. Also the last week he began making new noises which sound like he is slurping and having dififculty breathing. He plays fine I emailed a video to our vet and he said that could be reverse sneezing and to give him Benadryl. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar symptoms with their Frenchie and what could be done ?

Thank you !!

I would get off the chicken,for whatever reason many bullogs have issue with processed chicken. Go back to what you were doing if he wasn't having issues with tat food or just change the protein of the food you are feeding... to duck or turkey. Add a probiotic to his daily routine.... raw goats milk, sauerkraut, milk keifer or herbsmiths microflora...this will help build the immune system

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you !!

Yes, get him off the chicken and try a different protein.

veronika5

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 16 week old male French bulldog who recently began making these strange noises that sounds like he is trying to suck air in. He is actually opening his mouth and making a sucking sound . He does it couple time a minute . He also has been having a wet phlegm like cough after he eats or drinks sometimes . This all began 01/02 and is still happening. He had been to the ER and his regular vet and the antibiotics didnโ€™t help. He was prescribed Temaril P and it seems to help a bit with the breathing and congestion. His X-ray was normal but itโ€™s been 10+ days and it it still happening . Can someone please help !

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 16 week old male French bulldog who recently began making these strange noises that sounds like he is trying to suck air in. He is actually opening his mouth and making a sucking sound . He does it couple time a minute . He also has been having a wet phlegm like cough after he eats or drinks sometimes . This all began 01/02 and is still happening. He had been to the ER and his regular vet and the antibiotics didnโ€™t help. He was prescribed Temaril P and it seems to help a bit with the breathing and congestion. His X-ray was normal but itโ€™s been 10+ days and it it still happening . Can someone please help !

Are you talking about "reverse sneezing"?

๐Ÿ†• Latest posts