Eating Poop

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Natural Balance was recently bought out by Del Monte and they have already changing some of their formulas to the carb being the first ingredient :down: Unfortunately when good foods are bought out by "big business" their quality goes south. Takes a while for everyone to realize it, if they even do.

Fromm is great! You can order just about any food from Petflow, and it is free shipping over $49, plus check out their specials and clearance when you check out cuz they always have great deals!
Have you checked out Chewy.com? Super fast shipping and great prices (better than Petflow on some things) Shipping is also free with $49 purchase and if you sign up for autoship they give an additional 20% discount. (one time)

PugandTwoFrenchies

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as you are! I adopted two litter mates, and yes, they ate each other's poops. :fie:

I tried giving them banana and other things that were recommended in order to curb the appeal. None of them worked. LOL They just grew out of it. Don't sweat it. (Mine are 7 months old now) :)

Now they eat rabbit poop that they find on our walks! Blech...

Jamica

Reaction score
Mine is 7-8 months old and still eating his poop! It drives me insane!! I am trying the banana and pumpkin. Hopefully it works or he just grows out of it as soon as possible!!

anns4boys

Reaction score
Have two frenchies who are 6 months apart in age. Tallulah who is now almost 16 months old ate her poop as a puppy. Tried everything, but picking it up right away was the best defense. She outgrew the habiit - i don't remember how old she was, just glad it stopped. We rescued Munson from FBRN, he came to us at 7 months old with a warning from his foster mom that he was a poop eater. We've had him 2 months now & he still does it, but not as often. Again, best defense is picking it up.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked out Chewy.com? Super fast shipping and great prices (better than Petflow on some things) Shipping is also free with $49 purchase and if you sign up for autoship they give an additional 20% discount. (one time)

Yes I love Chewy.com too!

blushy

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as you are! I adopted two litter mates, and yes, they ate each other's poops. :fie:

I tried giving them banana and other things that were recommended in order to curb the appeal. None of them worked. LOL They just grew out of it. Don't sweat it. (Mine are 7 months old now) :)

Now they eat rabbit poop that they find on our walks! Blech...

Be careful with rabbit poop. They can get giardia and coccidia from rabbits [emoji31] and BELIEVE ME you don't want those parasites!

Our last dog ate rabbit poop and her vet said it was nutrition deficiency. Maybe they are lacking one small part of something? I know you feed your dogs well, and I used to feed my poor dog Iams (clearly not my babies now but this was before I became a dog food researching lunatic lol). Or they might just be weirdos.

But seriously be careful about the rabbit poop !!

PugandTwoFrenchies

Reaction score
Be careful with rabbit poop. They can get giardia and coccidia from rabbits [emoji31] and BELIEVE ME you don't want those parasites!

Our last dog ate rabbit poop and her vet said it was nutrition deficiency. Maybe they are lacking one small part of something? I know you feed your dogs well, and I used to feed my poor dog Iams (clearly not my babies now but this was before I became a dog food researching lunatic lol). Or they might just be weirdos.

I definitely don't let them chow down on it. lol ;) They might get one in their mouths before I realize what's happening, and then I quickly pull them away.

My pugs do (did) this too, and they were on different foods than what my Frenchies are on now. To be honest, I think dogs just think rabbit poop is tasty! My pug will slurp up choke cherries too...and crab apples. Neither of those are appealing either, as they are *sour* as can be.

I don't know what goes through their heads. :D

Jamica

Reaction score

What could it be they are lacking in their food, only of my dogs east their poop though and they both get fed the same thing. Please help.

kpromero

Reaction score
Rosie did this for a bit and it drove me nuts. Told the vet one day about it while we were there and he gave her a shot for it and she has not eaten it again since then. Don't remember the name of shot he gave her though.

French Bulldog Buzz

Reaction score
Hi this is a dilemma, fortenatly i never got the problem. But we trained a couple of dogs with this problem...What we did was almost always the same..

1. When is the dog eating their poop?
2. How can we redirect this behaivor?
3. Is its already a habbit which we need to break?

Once we know this answears than we start working with the dog and especially with the OWNER...

I totally understand that you don't feel comfortable with it, but try to answear those questions...

🆕 Latest posts