FAQ: What kind of shampoo do you use for your French Bulldog?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a specific kind of shampoo for your Frenchie? What has worked for you? Please share!

#FAQ

Schimpfy

Reaction score
Have tried several however Dawn dish detergent seems to work best rinse with apple cider vinegar :rundog:

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Both of mine have allergies so we bathe at least once per week with DermaBenss by Dechra (soap-free) or Chlorhexidine 4% +PS Shampoo (antisecptic) by Sogeval. Leaves their coats nice and soft.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Both of mine have allergies so we bath at least once per week with DermaBenss by Dechra (soap-free) or Chlorhexidine 4% +PS Shampoo (antisecptic) by Sogeval. Leaves their coats nice and soft.
Are those vet prescribed or over the counter? Jax has allergies too and even though he is on allergy shots and Apoquel, he isn't 100% itch free.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Are those vet prescribed or over the counter? Jax has allergies too and even though he is on allergy shots and Apoquel, he isn't 100% itch free.

Hi Citty - I initially purchased them from my vet's office. But then I found them for 1/2 the price at Drs. Foster and Smith on line ($12.99). You don't need an rx for them. My Jake is on allergy shots too. Not sure if they are working, it will be a year in Dec. I guess there is only a 50-60% chance that they will work. Good luck to you.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Citty - I initially purchased them from my vet's office. But then I found them for 1/2 the price at Drs. Foster and Smith on line ($12.99). You don't need an rx for them. My Jake is on allergy shots too. Not sure if they are working, it will be a year in Dec. I guess there is only a 50-60% chance that they will work. Good luck to you.
Thanks! I'll have to check them out. Jax has been on the shots for about 5 months now and he still gets itchy but not as bad. But that might be because of the Apoquel.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
John Paul Cleanse... it is Paul Mitchell Pet line. I got it at TJ MAXX for like 5$ and it will last me like a year

mhuinker

Reaction score
I use dawn blue dish detergent, and also PetShea organic shea butter shampoo...... they both work great!! :)

blushy

Reaction score
I use John Paul Oatmeal.

I'm always tempted to use it on my own head it smells AMAZING.

I like how it lathers too, besides when isabelle tries to lick it. [emoji39]

Calle Roo

Reaction score
I got Quella the below at Petsmart and also attached is her first bathe. I had read on the forums that Frenchies had allergies and sensitive skin, so I bought it before I brought her home. I bathe her once a week and her fur and skin don't dry out. I do however want to try a conditioner to see if I can make her course shoulder fur softer to the touch. I'd love to hear your conditioning suggestions.

quella_bath.jpg pGNC1-14229644t300x300.jpg

XoXo from Quella La Roux and her mommy too!

eeturk

Reaction score
I use burt's bees shampoo from their dog line. I think it's their oatmeal/soothing/allergy whatever one but Hudson almost never gets baths so I can't remember the actual name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tgirl

Reaction score
I don't have a Frenchie (yet), but for my Pekingese I used to use a homemade oatmeal soap. She has sensitive skin, and since I like to make soap (hot and cold process) I decided to make some for her, and also gave some out to friends. It always worked fantastic. I didn't add any scents, so it didn't really smell like anything but made her so clean and her skin looked great. Before I did that the Veterinarian had me using our label aloe and oatmeal.

hotrod351

Reaction score
agree, have been using dog shampoo with oat meal for 20 years.