Food help

Amanda GK

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m currently trying to switch my 6mo old Tito off of taste of the wild and onto Natures Logic and Tito wasn’t tolerating the switch. Throwing up constantly. Hes now on day 2 of chicken and rice and im worried about this allergy to chicken.
What else can i do to make this transition successful?

I’m open of any education on the raw diet or even home cooked meals as well?
I feel frustrated not knowing how to begin with that or what is the best option for food.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I use pre-made frozen raw to make it easy. When I did the switch, I did not transition and just switched over with no issues.

When feeding raw, you’ll need to rotate between at least 3 proteins as each protein has different nutritional value. One of the proteins should be a red meat. It’s good to start with 1 protein at a time so you can identify any issues that come up. It’s also good to use different brands as ingredients are sourced differently.

A few brands you can look at are Primal, Northwest Naturals, Steve’s, Small Batch, Stella & Chewy’s, to name a few.

What protein are you currently feeding and did he throw up before you started to transition. Not all brands work for every dog.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m currently trying to switch my 6mo old Tito off of taste of the wild and onto Natures Logic and Tito wasn’t tolerating the switch. Throwing up constantly. Hes now on day 2 of chicken and rice and im worried about this allergy to chicken.
What else can i do to make this transition successful?

I’m open of any education on the raw diet or even home cooked meals as well?
I feel frustrated not knowing how to begin with that or what is the best option for food.
Agree with Citty -- what she laid out is the best way to transition and set up a good rotation of proteins

🆕 Latest posts