French bulldog ears - HELP!!

wittleonee

Reaction score
Hello fellow frenchie people!!!
We have a frenchie who is 7 months today & his ears are still extremely floppy. He gets super lazy and the ears go down, even with encouragement of play and squeaky toys they are still floppy. He has lost all his baby teeth, Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s gonna get any bigger. He is about 26 lbs. I have attached some pictures. I just donā€™t know what I need to do, I had tried the yogurt trick, the glucosamine trick, maybe taping is my next option? Iā€™m just kinda lost at why his ears just started getting lazy recently, maybe his head is growing?

Any help is needed!!! Lol! Please & thank you :)

Attachments

• 055231B6-6B46-4CE6-943F-0CCE465448D4.jpeg
    055231B6-6B46-4CE6-943F-0CCE465448D4.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 4BBC25B2-58BA-4C65-8724-AC0623A611F0.jpeg
    4BBC25B2-58BA-4C65-8724-AC0623A611F0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
  • FEBE1DFB-50CE-412C-B51A-731D626A5BBD.jpeg
    FEBE1DFB-50CE-412C-B51A-731D626A5BBD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 158

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
He is so darn cute! If not teething, Iā€™m at a loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wittleonee

Reaction score
Thank you!!!! I am at a loss too. I just donā€™t know what to do. My fiancĆ© said his ears are too big for his head, but I also think he may have some more growing to do so Iā€™m not sure

wittleonee

Reaction score
Any idea about the ear position of his litter-mates?

Yes his litter mates ears are standing and Iā€™ve been in contact with his breeder. They said the vet might recommend a calcium supplement?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Unfortunately they may never come up, and please don't tape them, as it will not help. He is poorly bred, blues are a mix breed, so as I said, they may never come up. He is still a cutie though and deserves love.

wittleonee

Reaction score
If he was not bred properly then why are his brothers and sisters standing when they are from the same litter. Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not trying to sound rude but everyone is so quick to say people get their dogs from bad breeders etc - heā€™s a lilac and I understand itā€™s not a ā€œnormalā€ color for frenchies and most people frown upon it but honestly Idgaf....heā€™s loved and cared for, eats high quality food, vet checked regularly. I used to also work in the veterinary field for over 7 years and Iā€™m aware of bad breeders. Iā€™m sorry just because he is not a ā€œnormalā€ frenchie doesnā€™t necessarily mean he was bred poorly. I have all his papers, met mom and dad, and his brothers and sisters and they were a reputable breeder & he wasnā€™t cheap....Iā€™ve seen you on a few other posts stating itā€™s due to poor breeding and you tell everyone.

Iā€™ve done some research but thanks for your input. ļæ½ļæ½

Carson1834

Reaction score
If he was not bred properly then why are his brothers and sisters standing when they are from the same litter. Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not trying to sound rude but everyone is so quick to say people get their dogs from bad breeders etc - heā€™s a lilac and I understand itā€™s not a ā€œnormalā€ color for frenchies and most people frown upon it but honestly Idgaf....heā€™s loved and cared for, eats high quality food, vet checked regularly. I used to also work in the veterinary field for over 7 years and Iā€™m aware of bad breeders. Iā€™m sorry just because he is not a ā€œnormalā€ frenchie doesnā€™t necessarily mean he was bred poorly. I have all his papers, met mom and dad, and his brothers and sisters and they were a reputable breeder & he wasnā€™t cheap....Iā€™ve seen you on a few other posts stating itā€™s due to poor breeding and you tell everyone.

Iā€™ve done some research but thanks for your input. ļæ½ļæ½

I think itā€™s not that itā€™s a non ā€œnormalā€ frenchie itā€™s the fact that reputable breeders really care about breeding for health. Breeders who breed non standard colors do not as if they did, they wouldnā€™t breed the blues, lilacs etc. Thereā€™s a great article from the French bulldog rescue network that explains it well.

French Bulldog Rescue Network :: Fad Colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk