Gassy Frenchie

Mschmidt

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am having trouble figuring out what is causing the frequent bad gas Hudson is having. He is 5 months old and I am currently feeding him Fromm Puppy Gold and giving him Full Moon’s organic chicken training treats. We just did a fecal exam and he is negative for parasites. Any advice on if I should switch his food and treats? If so, what should I switch to? Also, he is getting picky with his food. I am trying the Stella & Chewy’s meal toppers the chicken flavor but no luck [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
It could definitely be the food causing digestive upset. Some Frenchie’s don’t do well with chicken so maybe stop the treats and see if that helps. You can also add in a probiotic if you are not already.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree... try a different protein... duck or turkey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mschmidt

Reaction score
Thank you both for the advice! I will try a different protein [emoji3526]

Lilol

Reaction score
All three of mine are gassy all the time. I thought it was normal for them.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
All three of mine are gassy all the time. I thought it was normal for them.

It is a general perception that Bulldogs are known for their gas. But with a good diet and probiotic, it actually doesn’t happen all the time. It happens, just not as frequently.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Mine can eat duck, pork, and beef - chicken gives her ear infections, skin issues, gas, and interdigital cysts on her paws. With these other proteins and raw goat's milk, she hardly ever has gas.

Mschmidt

Reaction score
Mine can eat duck, pork, and beef - chicken gives her ear infections, skin issues, gas, and interdigital cysts on her paws. With these other proteins and raw goat's milk, she hardly ever has gas.

Thanks for that advice! I’ve tried beef and lamb but still has gas so I will definitely give the duck a go.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that advice! I’ve tried beef and lamb but still has gas so I will definitely give the duck a go.

My guys rotate with duck, turkey, tuna and rabbit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Where does one find Raw goats milk?

Usually at higher end pet supply stores. It comes frozen. You have to thaw it in fridge. 2bullymama's suggestion is good (going to Answers or Primal's website and searching for a store that carries their products near you).

🆕 Latest posts