Hello, New here have a Frenchy question.

onehite

Reaction score
We have a 15 month old female frenchy. She will take males and females shoes to her bed. She will only chew females shoes. Anyone have any idea why our dog does this?

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
We have a 15 month old female frenchy. She will take males and females shoes to her bed. She will only chew females shoes. Anyone have any idea why our dog does this?

Welcome!

I know some dogs just like to carry shoes around like you describe, and some dogs destroy/chew shoes.

I had a dog that would take our summer sandals, she would chew 1 of each pair and destroy them, so there was none that matched. She never did that to my dads sandals, but she would carry them.

Does she do this when your not home?
She could be taking them when your not home and only chew the persons shoes that have went out without her.

Some dogs just chew shoes and some dogs prefer some over others shoes.

She could also do this from being bored too. Does she have chew toys?

Are you able to put all shoes in a closet where she can’t get to them??

Any photos of your Frenchie?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
It could just be your scent that the dog prefers..... do your best to keep shoes out of her reach

Terry S

Reaction score
I would discourage this behaviour. I have tried a "cow toe" which is on the side of the main hoof of a bovine as a major distraction. I would never use a bully stick or tendons as they are a choking problem for many frenchies. Keeping the dog active and unquestionably only storing shoes in a closed closet or shelf is the only remedy. Cant imagine your Louboutins being damaged at $1100 USD.

🆕 Latest posts