Hello

Jeffbo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Thanks for the add. Wanted to introduce everyone to Toby, my 4 month deaf rescue. He is such a sweet, loveable, bundle of energy. Would love anyone’s feedback in working/training a deaf pup. Starting to use some sign language with him. So far so good!IMG_9656.jpegIMG_9683.jpegIMG_9669.jpeg

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome and thank you for rescuing this beautiful baby!! Sorry I have no experience with deaf dogs … I think there was a thread a few years ago.. if you haven’t already try the search function

Gka

Reaction score
Aww..your little Toby is precious!
My Yuki has been deaf from birth. He will be 10 years old this year and is the greatest joy! He’s very smart and responds to all my hand signals. The best resource I can recommend is “Deaf Dogs Rock”. It has a lot of good tips and information pertaining to deafness. The only other thing I can say is Frenchies can be stubborn and if they don’t do what you want it wouldn’t be because he’s deaf….it’s because he is a Frenchie. LOL. So training a Frenchie requires much love, patience and consistency whether he can hear or not.

🆕 Latest posts