Hi Everyone!!

LifeOfDuke

Reaction score
Hi there!
My name is Tasha and 2 months ago I adopted a 4 month old French bulldog Duke!
I have been in love with this breed for as long as I can remember. I currently work at a vet clinic and will be applying for vet school in the very near future so I decided this was the perfect time to add a frenchie to my life. I currently live with my boyfriend who agreed to get a frenchie for us for Christmas and this is when we found Duke!
As all of you know, Duke has been everything we were looking for in our frenchie; comical, smart and very loving!
I do have one question for all you frenchie experts out there, and forgive me for sounding selfish :blush2:.
Currently Duke and I do everything together (since my boyfriend works shift work), I do the training with him, the game playing, the car rides, he comes to work with me everyday (which he loves!), and I own a horse so he comes to the barn with me afterwards. Needless to say we are a busy couple and Duke just loves his busy life! He used to be very attached to me and I thought we were going to be the bestest of buds, which was the reason for adopting him of course! However I can't help but think that he seems to enjoy his time with Mark a lot more now than he does with me. Mark used to get pretty upset since he didn't see Duke very often so I would always ramp Duke up to get excited to see Mark. Now Duke always gets super excited to see Mark, and I unfortunately don't get that reaction from Duke at all when he sees me. I can't help but think Duke is just always wanting to be with Mark now.
Duke is almost 6 months old now and I'm not sure if it's just a puppy stage or if Duke has chosen his human :(
Again, I apologize for sounding so selfish, but I was really hoping that we would have that perfect inseparable bond!
Does anyone have any advice? Or am I just going overboard?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 171

Alice Kable

Reaction score
:smileywelcome: to you and handsome Duke!

It sounds like Duke is an equal opportunity helper and enjoys spending time with both of you! He's got the best of both worlds! Congratulations!

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Welcome to you and Duke! He sounds like he enjoys both of you but perhaps in a different way. I would just be careful about big hellos and good byes so he doesn't develop separation anxiety when you need to leave him.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
what a cute little man!

Do not concern your self with it...they do pick up on moods and feeling so he may be reacting to it. Also, you trained him to be excited when Mark came home so he is doing as you taught him... he is bonded with you both just differently.

My two get excited no matter who walks in the door because that means there is more butt rubs coming their way.. however, there are times when my b/f comes in and the two of them could not care less if he does, they are to into a ball, bone or yard play to care.

LifeOfDuke

Reaction score
Thank you everyone!! I really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that I'm not being an over crazed mom..well maybe just a little bit! I look forward to chatting with you all :)

LifeOfDuke

Reaction score
Yes you are definitely right! Thank you!! I believe Duke will be like yours eventually! a good butt rub is all that matters! [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION]

LifeOfDuke

Reaction score
Thank you!! Yes I've been careful to not make a fuss when we leave. When he is at work with me, he has his own room in the back and people come and go all day so it helps out a lot. He really doesn't mind at all! [MENTION=600]Jakeyjake[/MENTION]

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and Duke is a handsome boy. They love people and he sees you a lot, so it is natural for him to grt excited over seeing someone else. Don't fret it, he is still your baby.

Mavis

Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with your career pursuits.

I know I am "alpha" with Bambi and that she loves me, but she and Ginger are really enamored with my husband. He is so goofy with the dogs that they just love him. I don't know if it is that or "male energy," but they adore him. When they are sick, however, they come to me. Don't think for a minute that he doesn't love you.