Hi guys Name is Danny, just wanted to introduce myself to the frenchie community, i purchased my frenchie in feb. 2023 shes 7 months old

dpineda

Reaction score
although I got her in feb. 2023, she’s had bad diarrhea ever since, i called the breeder and all he tells me is to take her to the vet and get her stool checked, she’s cleared on coccidia and giardia and does not have any of them, all they put her on is metronidazole and panicure and albone. even though she’s very happy and playful at all times she still struggles with her digestion. I have even took her to different vets already and they still cannot figure out what is going on. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

Attachments

• 71319080424__14255D7F-2E33-49C7-9EEA-55C479840FDA.jpeg
    71319080424__14255D7F-2E33-49C7-9EEA-55C479840FDA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
although I got her in feb. 2023, she’s had bad diarrhea ever since, i called the breeder and all he tells me is to take her to the vet and get her stool checked, she’s cleared on coccidia and giardia and does not have any of them, all they put her on is metronidazole and panicure and albone. even though she’s very happy and playful at all times she still struggles with her digestion. I have even took her to different vets already and they still cannot figure out what is going on. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

Welcome!

What do you feed her???

That antibiotic you mentioned she is on can actually cause the digestion issues, my one dog was put on it before and it made her 10X worse.

It probably has to do with what food she is eating cause some foods don’t agree with them, Frenchies are also very sensitive too.

A high quality probiotic may be beneficial to her too once you have her on a good food that she tolerates.

dpineda

Reaction score
right now I am feeding her the hills, science, diet food, that’s what she has always been on

Do you recommend the Royal canin food? Or what food do you recommend for her? I do have her on a probiotic now. Also, I do have another round of medication for her. Should I completely stop the medication and just slowly east her on New food?

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
right now I am feeding her the hills, science, diet food, that’s what she has always been on

Do you recommend the Royal canin food? Or what food do you recommend for her? I do have her on a probiotic now. Also, I do have another round of medication for her. Should I completely stop the medication and just slowly east her on New food?

That food is very Likely the problem!

Definitely AVOID these brands as they are ALL fillers/garbage:
-Purina
-Hills
-Royal Canin
-Eukanuba
-science diet
-Bil Jac.
-ANYTHING from Vet or Grocery store AVOID
- blue Buffalo

Those foods cause Many health issues, has by products which is literally waste from garbage bin with no nutrition value and causes health issues. The brewers rice and corn is highly inflammatory too.

Vets do recommend those garbage foods but vets get taught to only promote those brands and they Will end up back at vet for health issues!
Vets get no actual nutrition schooling.

So many health issues pop up on these low quality foods, allergies and digestion issues is one of them.

I Definitely do NOT recommend Royal Canin and hills or Purina.

My dogs got kidney disease from the low quality food they were on as pups, Eukanuba it was but it’s the exact same ingredients as Royal Canin and Hills.
They were treated thru the raw diet and supplements and is still here over 2 years later(FYI they were given 6 months at ages 5 and 6 years).

What probiotics do you have her on?
Is it from the vet??

Low quality probiotics won’t work.

My Frenchie Rusty is 4 years and has Many health issues- allergies started at age 5 months from low quality dog food as a puppy and got to severity of seeing a vet dermatologist for how bad his allergies were.

bad digestion was one of the health issues were treated thru good diet and supplements, same with urine crystals, viral warts(from a weakened immune system as a puppy), IVDD and epilepsy is manageable thru diet and supplements.

My recommendation to you is get her on a high quality food before more health issues pop up and the good diet can fix the digestion issues usually.

Raw diet is best if your open to feeding raw??

If you want to feed kibble these are good and the ones I recommend:

- Natures Logic
-Carna 4

Both these are synthetic free and whole food based and have probiotics in it too.

Definitely recommend rotating proteins, and chicken is common allergy, so if you can rotate thru duck, beef, Sardine, Lamb, and even more that is best to prevent new food allergies and picky eater.

And high quality probiotics:
-Four Leaf Rover- Rusty gets Gut Guard and Protect in rotation(if he vomits or acid reflux or diarrhea- Gut Guard is best to clear it up!).
Four leaf Rover products work really well.
I always have a jar of Four Leaf Rover Gut Guard on hand so if any vomiting or diarrhea or digestion issue(rare) but it’s good to have on hand. And I rotate 1 jar Gut Guard then the next jar is Protect and then back to Gut Guard and repeat. It soothes from mouth down and it has slippery elm and marshmallow root and other gut soothing foods and probiotics.

-Adored Beast is the other good brand for probiotics.

If your open to raw- where are you located- US or Canada? I can recommend good quality brands of Raw that should be available to you.

Raw is very easy to digest too and moisture keeps them hydrated.

Again, raw is Best But if you don’t want to try raw and only want kibble, try Natures Logic or Carna 4 brands.

And if you want to try a good quality probiotics- try Four Leaf Rover Gut Guard. Definitely switch her food at the minimum though is my recommendation.

🆕 Latest posts