How much do you feed your frenchie?

Sherri

Reaction score
When I got Louie 4 weeks ago he was underweight. The previous wackjob...I mean owner..was feeding him what she called raw but was actually like a stew looking blend that she gave me in a huge frozen block, as well as about 4 different types of supplements. I threw everything in the garbage and have him on a high quality puppy food. I’ve been feeding him 1/2 cup 3x a day and have recently added about 1/2 cup of wet in the same brand (taste of the wild). He still seems thin. He’s been to the vet 4weeks ago for his first shots (at 4 months.. she was a wackjob) and he goes again on Monday, I’ve been giving him Intreceptor every 2 weeks so his last dose will be this Saturday just in case he had worms and will take a stool sample in a week later but just curious how much others feed theirs a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daniellepaul

Reaction score
Leo is on a raw diet. He is 11 months old, weighs about 28 pounds, and gets .6 LBS a day (just over half a pound) split into two meals, and lots of treats :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
When I got Louie 4 weeks ago he was underweight. The previous wackjob...I mean owner..was feeding him what she called raw but was actually like a stew looking blend that she gave me in a huge frozen block, as well as about 4 different types of supplements. I threw everything in the garbage and have him on a high quality puppy food. I’ve been feeding him 1/2 cup 3x a day and have recently added about 1/2 cup of wet in the same brand (taste of the wild). He still seems thin. He’s been to the vet 4weeks ago for his first shots (at 4 months.. she was a wackjob) and he goes again on Monday, I’ve been giving him Intreceptor every 2 weeks so his last dose will be this Saturday just in case he had worms and will take a stool sample in a week later but just curious how much others feed theirs a day?

How old is Louie? What does he weigh?

Sherri

Reaction score
How old is Louie? What does he weigh?

Now he is 5 1/2 months. When I got him he was 4 months. He was 12 lbs and you could see his ribs. I just weighed him today and he’s 17lbs. He still seems a little thin.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax will get 6 in April and eats raw. He weighs about 28 pounds and gets about 5.5 ounces of food twice a day.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Now he is 5 1/2 months. When I got him he was 4 months. He was 12 lbs and you could see his ribs. I just weighed him today and he’s 17lbs. He still seems a little thin.

Seems the 1/2 cup three times a day would be good... is he really active?

antbkny

Reaction score
Henry turned 2 in October, he weighs 27lbs and he gets 12oz raw food a day, plus a few extras