Itch relief

Pen

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2 year old frenchie named Coco La Rue. She id itching almost constantly. I took her to our vet and she said that Coco is having environmental allergies. And prescribed steroids to get her over the out break. I changed her food, washed all her bedding. I even started coconut oil rub downs but all this was only temporary relief. She still scratches. I don't want to put her on apoquel because I've read bad things about it. Does anyone know what I should do to give Coco some permanent relief? That's not apoquel.
Thank you, Pen and Coco

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax is allergic to everything green outside and used to constantly scratch himself until he bled. I switched him to raw, have weekly baths with a medicated shampoo and I did do Apoquel because it helped. We then switched to Cytopoint injections which he gets every few months. I still give a bath every month. I also give a skin and coat supplement which I think helps. You can try bovine colostrum. I tried it on one of my bulldogs and it didnโ€™t help but some people notice a difference. I think thereโ€™s also quercetin which is supposed to be like natureโ€™s Benadryl.

ptgc

Reaction score
Petey gets weekly baths with a medicated shampoo e.g., MiconaHex-Triz & Mal-A-Ket and he also gets cytopoint injections 2-4x a year as needed. He was on Farmers dog food for 4 yrs, but we recently switched him to Open Farm no grain salmon kibble and raw which sees to be working. We keep him away from ALL potatoes since that tends to create yeast and the itching.