Luxating patella

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
So a quick Google search shows this is common in small breeds. Is that true for frenchies?

In the past, we've caught Charlie lift her rear left leg while walking. It'll be very quick and easy to miss. Usually once only. At first we thought she stepped on a rock or something. Other than that, normal play being rambunctious and nothing slowing her down. We checked her paw and nothing looked out of the ordinary.

Well 3 weeks ago, she did it more than usual but this was on a gravel trail. Earliest appointment was 3 weeks out. Today the vet's diagnosis is luxating patella. Vet prescribed anti-inflammatory and some joint supplements. Said it's a low grade and see how it is in a couple of months.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve seen it before with English bulldogs so wouldn’t be surprised if it happened with Frenchies too. Turmeric date is great for the joints and super easy to make. GLM powder is good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Yes, mine does the same and has been diagnosed with this condition. At the time of her adoption, I believe it was assessed as a grade 2. She has it in both, but her right leg is worse according to the vet.

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
Yes, mine does the same and has been diagnosed with this condition. At the time of her adoption, I believe it was assessed as a grade 2. She has it in both, but her right leg is worse according to the vet.

How old was she when she got adopted and how old now?

Has the condition gotten worse or the same?

RomanTheFrenchie

Reaction score

My friend has a Boston Terrier with the same condition. They were set to have surgery, but the surgery was cancelled last minute (surgeon conflict). But it worked out on it's own. After a few weeks almost back to normal.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
How old was she when she got adopted and how old now?

Has the condition gotten worse or the same?

Sorry, just saw this now. I adopted her when she was 1 year old. She will be turning 5 in just a few days. She navigates stairs, goes on long walks and plays fine. Her gait is a little wonky when she revs up and runs fast, but that's it, she doesn't limp and it doesn't bother her. I will probably start her on a supplement in January - she's just so sensitive to so many foods, etc...that I need to do my research.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, just saw this now. I adopted her when she was 1 year old. She will be turning 5 in just a few days. She navigates stairs, goes on long walks and plays fine. Her gait is a little wonky when she revs up and runs fast, but that's it, she doesn't limp and it doesn't bother her. I will probably start her on a supplement in January - she's just so sensitive to so many foods, etc...that I need to do my research.

I give Jax GLM powder, CBD oil and turmeric paste for his joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🆕 Latest posts