My frenchie looks different than others. Worried about underlying health issues. Asking for advise!

katiecolorado

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have two frenchies, one male one female. My female is tiny and looks underdeveloped for her age, 2 yo. She also has some characteristics that you don’t find in a french bulldog. I got her from the same breeder as my male and she is 100% frenchie and I have done 3 different dna tests to see if i got ripped off. I love her the way she is and wouldn’t change a thing but I am worried that she may have some health issues. I took her to the vet and they said she is normal but never did any tests. I’m thinking maybe dwarfism? She is 20 pounds and my male is 40 pounds. I realize that males come bigger but I would hate if she had a serious health problem that went unnoticed. I get comments all the time whether i’m walking at the dog park or somewhere else where people tell me she isn’t a frenchie. I’ve came across some rude people! To make it clear i do not care that she looks different! I just want her to live a long and healthy life! Please no mean comments just need advice! ( she has a longer tail, small head, and long muzzle)

mattcantwin

Reaction score
Well, I'm not a vet and not an expert; but she looks fine to me.

Twenty pounds seems reasonable for a female, and the long muzzle may contribute to improved health, eliminating the breathing issues common to the breed.

And; that last picture is delightful!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
What cuties!! I don’t see any issues from those pictures.

My boy is 9 and has never been over 25 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
They're both adorable! I think she's just a small Frenchie. Love the last pic. :)