Natural Filled Bones?

jdunkle07

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m new, I have a 5 month old Frenchie. I’m looking for chews and bones that are healthy and safe to keep him happy and busy. I keep seeing natural bones filled with peanut butter? I see mixed reviews on these. What do you think? Or if you can give me any advice on what to give him to keep him busy he chews on everything he is not suppose to!

Thanks in advance! ❤️

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN!

I use raw marrow bones, when done with the marrow I stuff with peanut butter and freeze. Others I use are nylabones and moose antlers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daniellepaul

Reaction score
We use elk antlers (the ones where the marrow is exposed, Leo tends to stay interested in them longer but they don't last as long), also use lamb horns and water buffalo horns. The lamb horns tend to be a bit smelly, water buffalo ones not so much. In summer we give raw meaty rib bone outside.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nylabones, raw marrow bones, Buffalo horns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repose

Reaction score
They’re not filled bones but I’ve had a lot of success with Himalayan yak chews. I buy them in bulk here and always have them available lying around. Once they get down to little nubs at the end you can soak in water for 5 minutes and then microwave for 45 seconds and it becomes a cheese puff treat as a bonus.

1EE0527E-0B42-4B8E-B1E3-B2AAF0D8490D.jpeg

Once in awhile I get them smoked beef kneecaps and those keep them occupied for a long time. I haven’t found that these splinter.