New Frenchie Owner Needing Advice

williamg

Reaction score
So sorry to hear!!! If the money is an issue then you should ask vet about a much cheaper, but not 100% successful protocol: Give doxycycline for thirty days and the Advantage Multi is given once a month. After ten months the dog can be antigen tested to determine if the heartworm is still present.
Money is the issue only if we go and get Lola's daughter... Even then, it isn't unless the daughter is heart worm positive as well. But we are working on something to try to make it work out.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Money is the issue only if we go and get Lola's daughter... Even then, it isn't unless the daughter is heart worm positive as well. But we are working on something to try to make it work out.

I wonder if you could work out a deal with the breeder that if you got the daughter and she tested positive for heartworm that they would pay for treatment. Just a thought.

williamg

Reaction score
UPDATE::: We couldn't resist any longer. We went and got Lolly(our new name for her) Friday night. She is Lola's daughter that I talked about earlier on in this thread... Took her to the vet yesterday and she is heart worm free! She is a bundle of joy too! Lola is somewhat reserved, but not Lolly! She is up and playing all the time. Here is a pic of her..Lolly.jpeg

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Beautiful girl! Congratulations....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
TWO girls who seem to be on the path to a better life!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!!

๐Ÿ†• Latest posts