New puppy advice please

Patsy271

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Please could you experienced owners help with feeding my new puppy (9 weeks). I'm getting so much conflicting advice. Thank you. 😁

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to FBN. What specifically are you in need of? Type, brand, protein, amount, frequency?

Patsy271

Reaction score
Hi! Thank you. Basically, yes. :) I have him on 3 x 100g of Nature's Menu puppy beef 80/20. Does that sound ok?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I would suggest rotating proteins as well… it is best to avoid potential allergy by doing so.

Patsy271

Reaction score
I would suggest rotating proteins as well… it is best to avoid potential allergy by doing so.
Hi. Turns out he wasn't keen on the 80/20 so he's currently on fish and superfood kibble sensitive, which he seems to like but barely eats 100g per day. I don't want to keep changing his food because his poo is already a bit squirty. He's happy and drinking plenty, so I'm not too worried atm. Any advice would be very welcome.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Two of my dogs eat raw and the other two eat Open Farm with Ancient Grains. If his poop is squirty, it could be from the food or it could be a parasite as it's not uncommon for puppies that age to pick something up or come home with it. Not sure when you brought him home, but it could also be him adjusting to his new life.

πŸ†• Latest posts