Obsessive paw licking

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
[MENTION=380]KimB3384[/MENTION] I am not feeding kefir now, I am feeding Greek yoghurt now. Could that be the reason? Thank you for sharing the chart, it is useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimB3384

Reaction score
It's possible. Look at the sugar content on the label and see how much is in there. You might want to cut out yoghurt and even kefir right now until you get the yeast under control. I just now looked at the label for my kefir and see that it has 12g of sugar, but we have no issues. I think this might be because we used goat milk and a probiotic called Bene-bac for at least 6 months before switching to kefir. I'm wondering now if she can handle that sugar because of her healthy gut? Hmmm ... you've got me thinking now, @Rudi_Lim!

Mavis

Reaction score
I do use johnsons and johnsons oatmeal for my doggies baths! It helps soothe their itchy skin. I swear by it! Even had a friend with a bulldog with untamable allergies switch and voila!

[MENTION=894]blushy[/MENTION], is the J&J shampoo for children/adults? I am going to get some. Bambi had been quiet for so long but now she is constantly going after her paws. Must be from outside because the weather has been so nice and the grass is starting to green up.

blushy

Reaction score
[MENTION=894]blushy[/MENTION], is the J&J shampoo for children/adults? I am going to get some. Bambi had been quiet for so long but now she is constantly going after her paws. Must be from outside because the weather has been so nice and the grass is starting to green up.

Yep! It's with all of the baby stuff at the stores! :)

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
[MENTION=1070]Mavis[/MENTION] [MENTION=894]blushy[/MENTION] J&J has a suit about certain cancer causing ingredient in the talc powder. The shampoos are safe to use?

blushy

Reaction score
[MENTION=1070]Mavis[/MENTION] [MENTION=894]blushy[/MENTION] J&J has a suit about certain cancer causing ingredient in the talc powder. The shampoos are safe to use?

I don't believe baby powder or talcum powder is an ingredient in shampoo or body wash. I'm sure a quick google of the suit will give a list of products involved.

I give my dogs baths once a month or so, it's not a major concern for me personally but it's always good to do research if you feel uncomfortable with a product!

Thanks for bringing it up regardless! I actually completely forgot this class action lawsuit was happening. I haven't seen it advertised in so long!

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
[MENTION=894]blushy[/MENTION] yes, it's better be safe than sorry.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
@Rudi Lim sorry it took so long to respond, I was out of town in class last week. JLO has allergies and licks her paws, and what has helped her is Temaril P. We give her one pill a day, and it helps her a lot.

Last edited:

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
[MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] thank you.