Possible neurological problem

EmmiRaesMom

Reaction score
We took Emmi for her puppy titers and mentioned to our vet about her head bobbing and now also we noticed her one eye is almost doing the same kind of bobble motion. The vet picked up on it immediately and during the exam she also noticed Emmi's reflexes are very slow. I'm beyond worried sick. We have an appointment on Monday with a neurologist. Does anyone have any insight on neurological problems with frenchies? :(

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you let the breeder know to see what they say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmmiRaesMom

Reaction score
Have you let the breeder know to see what they say?

Yes, I have been in constant contact with her since I got Emmi. She's extremely concerned especially since all testing was done prior to breeding.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I have no experience with this or advice, just hope she is okay....

Jeffc

Reaction score
How did her appointment go today? I hope everything will be ok for little Emmi.

EmmiRaesMom

Reaction score
Neurologist saw a few red flags with her so we are moving forward with an MRI and possible spinal tap on Monday. I have been crying all day. Please keep her in your thoughts :pray: :(

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Neurologist saw a few red flags with her so we are moving forward with an MRI and possible spinal tap on Monday. I have been crying all day. Please keep her in your thoughts :pray: :(

Sending tons of prayers..... How did the appointment go yesterday

EmmiRaesMom

Reaction score
Sending tons of prayers..... How did the appointment go yesterday

Tyvm.. this is from the neurology report. He said this could be anything from just a benign issue to a congenital or a cyst to a tumor. We can do a wait and see approach and monitor monthly due to the testing for this being so expensive but that could also do a lot more harm than good so we opted to move forward with the testing. He noticed her eyes do a rolling motion as well as the head bob. He also said he was glad to not see her head actually tilting in any direction and that not all her reflexes were delayed.

NEUROLOGIC EXAM: MENTATION: Bright, alert, responsive; mentally appropriate; CRANIAL
NERVES: Intermittent pendular rotary nystagmus with equal fast phase left and right; no head tilt;
divergent strabismus; somewhat sluggish vestibulo-ocular reflex; GAIT & POSTURE: Ambulating
without vestibular or cerebellar ataxia; no intention tremor seen despite the history; POSTURAL
REACTIONS: Normal hopping, proprioceptive placing, wheelbarrow, extensor postural thrust; SPINAL
REFLEXES: Normal withdrawal reflexes ×4; MUSCULATURE: Normal appendicular muscle size and
tone
GENERAL PE ABNORMALITIES: None
ANATOMIC DIAGNOSIS: Vestibulo-ocular system (VIII-MLF-III, IV, VI); cerebellum
DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS:
1. Congenital: Malformation, in-utero infection, ischemia (hypoxemia at birth), early trauma, toxin
exposure
2. Acquired: Inflammation, infection, idiopathic, neoplastic, neurodegenerative condition

Jeffc

Reaction score
Best of luck I’m thinking of Emmi and hoping for the best.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Sending TONS of positive thoughts and healing prayers!!

Please keep us posted

🆕 Latest posts