Eye issue?

EmmiRaesMom

Reaction score
I tend to worry excessively over my pets so I'm not sure if I am now or not. Few days ago I noticed Emmi's left lower eyelid was extremely droopy. Only the inner lower eyelid was hanging down. She was pawing at it. So I got her to close it and within a few minutes it was no longer drooping. But since then I have noticed her eyes watering a lot and eye buggers and the whites of her eyes were a little blood shot today. Also in her left eye that was drooping we can see the white of it more than before. She is teething that I do know. She has an appointment with our vet Sept 23rd for her puppy titers to be done but do you think this warrants a visit before then? Thanks for any help/advice. I've attached a pic showing her left eye. That white we could never see before.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I tend to worry excessively over my pets so I'm not sure if I am now or not. Few days ago I noticed Emmi's left lower eyelid was extremely droopy. Only the inner lower eyelid was hanging down. She was pawing at it. So I got her to close it and within a few minutes it was no longer drooping. But since then I have noticed her eyes watering a lot and eye buggers and the whites of her eyes were a little blood shot today. Also in her left eye that was drooping we can see the white of it more than before. She is teething that I do know. She has an appointment with our vet Sept 23rd for her puppy titers to be done but do you think this warrants a visit before then? Thanks for any help/advice. I've attached a pic showing her left eye. That white we could never see before.

She is adorable! I really can’t see any issue in this photo, but I would keep a close watch on it and any worse, get a vet appointment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I agree, I couldn't see anything wrong, but you know your pup better than we do. Some of it can be from teething, but if the watering and the eye boogers get worse of it turns yellow or green, it is an infection and a vet visit is in order.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Agreed. Can't really tell from pic if there is a problem. Frenchies eyes tend to leak and develop eye boogers so this is normal. Just keep her wrinkles clean and dry and as stated above if discharge turns yellow or green, see your vet. She's adorable btw!

EmmiRaesMom

Reaction score
Agreed. Can't really tell from pic if there is a problem. Frenchies eyes tend to leak and develop eye boogers so this is normal. Just keep her wrinkles clean and dry and as stated above if discharge turns yellow or green, see your vet. She's adorable btw!

Thank you very much :)

🆕 Latest posts