Potential rescue adoption - phone interview

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
I had a home visit and then no word. I emailed the contact person and asked her what I could have done differently. She thought I was a great candidate but the organization wanted a home with another Frenchie since the one I applied for lived with a breeder and was crated the entire time.

You could contact the person and ask about your application.

I found Cosette from an ad from a woman who could no longer keep her due to her husband's allergies. Different scenarios occur often.

It's true some are scams so you must research and be very careful but there are legit people looking to rehome their Frenchies.
Please don't loose heart. Your baby is waiting for you to find him or her.

mhuinker

Reaction score
I'm so disheartened! The phone call never happened! Now Alaska is pending and I have no chance of even having a shot of adopting her! I just feel she would have been the perfect fit and wanted to bring that little girl home! :( I sent a couple of emails to the contact person (email was the only way I could reach her), and never heard anything. I finally got an email from her this morning saying her internet has been down and that they do have a pending adopter for Alaska at this time (not me). I just feel it was unfair that she would send me an email wanting to do a phone interview and then I never hear from her. Trust me, I don't feel entitled by any means, but I do feel like I wasn't given a fair chance. Is this the way it will go from here on out, because I'm not sure how much more of this I can take! I'm on the verge of getting on a waiting list with the breeder I have chosen, but I feel so bad for the Frenchies that need homes and want to go that way, but they make it so difficult!

Cosette is a cutie, I love the picture of her above! Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. Sorry for the venting though, but it helps to have a place to discuss all this with with people who love this breed!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
That is so exciting! You've got some good advice here. Best of luck to you!

Tgirl

Reaction score
I'm so sorry. Don't give up though. Good things come to those who wait. :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm so disheartened! The phone call never happened! Now Alaska is pending and I have no chance of even having a shot of adopting her! I just feel she would have been the perfect fit and wanted to bring that little girl home! :( I sent a couple of emails to the contact person (email was the only way I could reach her), and never heard anything. I finally got an email from her this morning saying her internet has been down and that they do have a pending adopter for Alaska at this time (not me). I just feel it was unfair that she would send me an email wanting to do a phone interview and then I never hear from her. Trust me, I don't feel entitled by any means, but I do feel like I wasn't given a fair chance. Is this the way it will go from here on out, because I'm not sure how much more of this I can take! I'm on the verge of getting on a waiting list with the breeder I have chosen, but I feel so bad for the Frenchies that need homes and want to go that way, but they make it so difficult!

Cosette is a cutie, I love the picture of her above! Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. Sorry for the venting though, but it helps to have a place to discuss all this with with people who love this breed!

Oh sweetie, don't lose faith just yet. I met someone wanting to adopt and English Bulldog in Maine, but she never seemed to get the chance either. Eventually one found her, and they have been so happy ever since.

In the meantime you can get in touch with the breeder, especially if you are confident they are good people,, and where ever the pieces fall is where they fall. Just be up front with breeder that you will continue to seek out an adopted one in the meantime.

Eventually this will be a happy ending, I just know it! Whether it be a puppy or a rescue. Chin up :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score

Damn, I was so hoping you would get her. Please try to stay positive, your baby will come along unfortunately, patience is never really a strong suit when we are in these types of scenarios. Do not apologize for venting... come here as much as you need to --- we are always here to help support you

:hug:

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I am so sorry this adoption attempt did not go through, but do keep trying. The right little French girl is out there somewhere waiting to go home with you!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your support and kind words. I'm taking a breath tonight (literally, Frenchies have ruled my evenings for the past few months!), and thinking about what I want to do. It's so tough to be denied that sweet little baby! I'm in tears because I've already started to get attached to the little bugger! :)

mhuinker

Reaction score
Now, it's getting a bit ridiculous. How can a dog go "available" and then pending in less than 24 hours!!??? Really??? I'm starting to think you REALLY have to "know someone" :(

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
So sorry, but the right one will come along.

winginit66

Reaction score

I'm sorry Michelle. I sent a volunteer application to FBRN and guess what.... no response. That was over 2 weeks ago. They responded very quickly when I donated some $$$. Oh well, I think there are a lot of us out here with really big hearts that would love to do more!!! Good luck with the puppy search!

Anne

🆕 Latest posts