Puppy not tolerating Fromm help!

Reaction score
Hi all!
I am new to the site here and hoping to get some advice! my little fur baby Stella is 4 months and we are having some issues.

I did my research prior to getting my Frenchie puppy Stella and decided Fromm Puppy food (pink bag) was the best choice. She gets it twice a day (morning and night) according to her weight and the serving amount on the bag. At dinnertime I add a small amount of organic salmon oil to the kibble (again according to her weight).

Stella has been alternating between very soft stools that are almost like diarrhea and stools that are more formed. Her gas is horrendous, its non-stop and can clear a room (more then the normal expected frenchie gas) even our Vet told us I should try changing her food to help with this gas and that switching her food may also help for her to stop eating her stool (our other issue even after pineapple juice and pills formulated for dogs to not eat it). The eating of her stool has caused her to have a giardia infection which we treated with antibiotics but she has continued to eat stool, she's fast and it happens even when we are watching her sometimes! She also seems to occasionally be biting her front paws/legs (I sprayed with hot spot spray seems to be helping). This little puppy sounds like a disaster but she really is the best dog, the sweetest little cuddler and my husband and I adore her!

IMG_4655.jpg
DSC01827.jpg

So I need helping deciding on what new food to try out. Is Orijen too much protein for Frenchies? I definitely want gluten free no corn. I confused about which proteins work for Frenchies. The vet said it may be the lamb in fromm causing the issue? But my reading says that chicken, beef and even salmon aren't great (whitefish is better?).

help!!!!

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
If you are giving her too much salmon oil that would give her loose stools also. If she is licking her paws that could be a yeast issue from the food. Find a food that is low in carbs and has no potatos. I like to check out Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor for ideas. We feed Sojos premix and I add my own protein. You can feed raw or cooked protein.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
How much are you feeding at each meal?

Take the Fromm pink bag back to the store and get the 'Fromm Heartland Gold Puppy' it is not chicken based see if that helps her. I would also stop the salmon oil till you get her food settled

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Will def start holding the salmon oil. She gets a half a cup of fromm at breakfast and half at dinner (for total recommended 1 cup-she's 7 pounds). I will have to look for Gold bag.

Milo the french

Reaction score
Just had an issue with my pup. 4 months old gave him some boiled ground turkey on top of his dry food and just threw it all up. I also mixed some raw spinach in it as well. He's not sick or anything, playing as usual. Wanted to give him that extra protein. What do you think happen?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Cmtwinmama

Reaction score
My 5 month old, Emmy, had terrible gas when we brought her home and was on Taste of the Wild puppy food. This was what the breeder had started her on. Converted her over to raw. Her stinky episodes went way down and even the smell was more tolerable. Also when she was on turkey she had diarrhea something awful. beef, lamb, venison she did fine.

Frenchielover297

Reaction score
Can see your pup is Fawn. Top breeders in Denmark recommend Orijen or ZiWiPeak for the Fawn. Or pure, BARF or RAW menu, if allergy. I feed my Fawn pup Orijen Puppy. All treats are grain and potato free. For chewing he gets dried Rabbits Ear, dried lambs Ear, Buffalo horn, dried chicken wings, antlers,Meat strips thats 100% Meat., deer, Rabbit, horse, and when he gets older I Will put Mikkel on Orijen adult and Orijen Tundra, or ZiWiPeak if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

🆕 Latest posts