rash allergy

Arwis

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a problem with my little french bulldog puppy. He is 11 weeks now. I got it from my breeder one week ago. After few days my baby boy started scratching his belly. I took him to the vet in a couple of days because I started notice his ''tits'' starting swelling and he was scratching his belly all the time. The vet said it is an under skin flees so he gave him a little brown tablet and cream ''FLAMAZINE'' to apply twice a day on his belly and his undergrowth from it and he said that it should help him, but nothing helped him the situation was getting worse and worse so after 2 days I brought him back again to the vet. so the vet said its an allergy so he gave him 2 shots one was a steroids and another to stop him from scratching and he putted him on antibiotics course for a 5 days but his belly is not improving at all. Maybe someone had similar problem like mine. I don't know what to do. How to help to my little boy Frankie. I am giving him ACANA PUPPY food which is grain free. The food that we are giving to him is the same as the breeder was feeding him so i'm pretty sure that it is not food causing the rash. Thank you.
I attached some photos to see how the rash looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3928.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_3927.JPG
    IMG_3927.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3926.JPG
    IMG_3926.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3925.JPG
    IMG_3925.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3911.JPG
    IMG_3911.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3920.JPG
    IMG_3920.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 258

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it looks more like contact allergy... wool blanket, carpet or a cleaner you are using. I would wipe his belly and chest with a clean cool wash cloth and give half tablet of benedryl to relief some of the itching.
[MENTION=188]Cbrugs[/MENTION] [MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] ... thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, looks like a contact allergy. Give half a Benadryl as suggested. What I’ve done before for rashes is dilute povidone iodine u til the color of iced tea and then gently wipe and then rub in a little coconut oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I agree, contact allergy. Change his bedding to something else, it could even be the deturgent you use to clean the bedding if you have washed it yet. Carpet can do that, and also the grass. Wash his belly every time he comes in contact with the grass with a warm wash cloth and plain water, until you can rule out the grass. Then it is a trial and error process of eliminating one thing at a time. Since it is so bad, you can give him a whole 25 mg Benedryl two to three times a day to help, but i would wait for a day to two since the vet gave him a Benedryl shot already. You can even use Benedryly cream if you like. The Flamazine is an antibacterial cream for infection .