Raw switch - 2 month status

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
All in all the boys are doing great... we have their annual wellness check coming up in a few weeks so I'll have even better info after seeing what our vet says about their health and appearance.

Over the past month we did two weeks of beef which the boys did well on, but I opted to go back to duck. Also, had to remove sauerkraut as the probiotic and go back to raw goats milk... the kraut was making Cheli throw up on a daily basis. Once I remove the kraut his vomiting stopped. The boys are feed twice a day 5:00 AM and 5:00 PM

Lambeau:
-- gets 2/3 cup (about 6 oz) at each meal.
-- he has gained two pounds (60 lbs) since we started raw back in December, but I do not want to lessen his intake because we found if we feed before 5 PM, he wakes up around 3:30 - 4 AM and vomits bile.
-- his ears are still clean and I barely have to wipe them. I still do at least twice a week for good measure
-- The only area I see no improvement is his folds... one eye still constantly runs and I'm thinking it is something in the house. So I stopped using all candles and oils which is usually a cinnamon/clove scent about two weeks ago -- no change.
ponder.gif
Going to have his eye checked at wellness appointment just to double check eye lashes/lids again. We did this last year and were told they were in good shape.

Cheli:
-- gets 1/3 cup (about 3oz) at each meal
-- he is holding at 25 lbs
-- his ears, skin, folds and breath are all good...breath before raw was horrible, but his teeth are in great shape
-- he does on occasion get a little regurgitation, but noting major and not consistent

We have still not added any other treats into the diet.... they get Stella and Chewy duck meal toppers as potty/training treats (training never stops) and raw marrow bones on Saturday nights.
Going to stay on duck for a full month to see if any other improvement or set backs happen.

Will update again after their wellness check up in a few weeks.

Click here to view the original image of 720x960px and 219KB.
ce301764f59e1f98ad76c612f27abf9b.jpg

Jcstorlie

Reaction score
Awww, look at those beautiful boys!! Your raw regimen helps me to try and figure out the raw diet. I have venison readily available which I plan to use for Penelope

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
All in all the boys are doing great... we have their annual wellness check coming up in a few weeks so I'll have even better info after seeing what our vet says about their health and appearance.

Over the past month we did two weeks of beef which the boys did well on, but I opted to go back to duck. Also, had to remove sauerkraut as the probiotic and go back to raw goats milk... the kraut was making Cheli throw up on a daily basis. Once I remove the kraut his vomiting stopped. The boys are feed twice a day 5:00 AM and 5:00 PM

Lambeau:
-- gets 2/3 cup (about 6 oz) at each meal.
-- he has gained two pounds (60 lbs) since we started raw back in December, but I do not want to lessen his intake because we found if we feed before 5 PM, he wakes up around 3:30 - 4 AM and vomits bile.
-- his ears are still clean and I barely have to wipe them. I still do at least twice a week for good measure
-- The only area I see no improvement is his folds... one eye still constantly runs and I'm thinking it is something in the house. So I stopped using all candles and oils which is usually a cinnamon/clove scent about two weeks ago -- no change.
ponder.gif
Going to have his eye checked at wellness appointment just to double check eye lashes/lids again. We did this last year and were told they were in good shape.

Cheli:
-- gets 1/3 cup (about 3oz) at each meal
-- he is holding at 25 lbs
-- his ears, skin, folds and breath are all good...breath before raw was horrible, but his teeth are in great shape
-- he does on occasion get a little regurgitation, but noting major and not consistent

We have still not added any other treats into the diet.... they get Stella and Chewy duck meal toppers as potty/training treats (training never stops) and raw marrow bones on Saturday nights.
Going to stay on duck for a full month to see if any other improvement or set backs happen.

Will update again after their wellness check up in a few weeks.

Click here to view the original image of 720x960px and 219KB.
ce301764f59e1f98ad76c612f27abf9b.jpg

I missed hearing about the 3 month update !!!
Honey, my Frenchie, seems to be doing better on the frozen raw compared to the dehydrated raw in terms of her ears, and she has continued to do well with her paws. She seems to throw up the odd time or regurgitate into her mouth with the frozen raw occasionally, which she didn't do on the dehydrated raw. This seems to happen more with the boar, and salmon and lamb mix, so far. She seemed slightly worse with her ears on the frozen ground raw chicken, which isn't surprising.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I missed hearing about the 3 month update !!!
Honey, my Frenchie, seems to be doing better on the frozen raw compared to the dehydrated raw in terms of her ears, and she has continued to do well with her paws. She seems to throw up the odd time or regurgitate into her mouth with the frozen raw occasionally, which she didn't do on the dehydrated raw. This seems to happen more with the boar, and salmon and lamb mix, so far. She seemed slightly worse with her ears on the frozen ground raw chicken, which isn't surprising.

Not missed... i am behind , will try to post tomorrow.

Honey regurgitates on all those? I notice it with Cheli if he eats too fast but I sticking with duck and rabbit... beef was fine too but fish was worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Honey seems to regurgitate since I started her on frozen raw more on the boar, and on the salmon and lamb. Turkey has been the best. There seems to be more varieties available with the frozen raw than was available at Petsmart for dehydrated raw ( I only gave her beef or turkey with the dehydrated raw ) so that could be the reason she is throwing up more now, I'm not sure.She has been fine when I have added live sauerkraut, water kefir grains, frozen green beans, coconut oil, kelp, hemp seed oil, flax seed oil from capsules, or fish oil from capsules.