Raw switch - 3.5 month update

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
They are both doing well.... Cheli regurgitated is pretty much gone.. it is maybe once a week that i see him do it, usually after eating too fast.

I moved them to duck and tuna... so far so good! I did rabbit for a month but Cheli lost two pounds which he didn’t need.

Lambeau started his Cytopoint shots for the summer so he looks great :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabbit is a lean meat which could be why Cheli lost weight. I will usually increase the amount a little bit whenever I give rabbit.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Rabbit is a lean meat which could be why Cheli lost weight. I will usually increase the amount a little bit whenever I give rabbit.

I thought of that, but I noticed he would vomit on days I increased so it seemed too much for him

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought of that, but I noticed he would vomit on days I increased so it seemed too much for him

These guys sure keep us on our toes!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
These guys sure keep us on our toes!

Sure do!!! Damn good thing they can’t talk—- can you imagine the drama

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
They are both doing well.... Cheli regurgitated is pretty much gone.. it is maybe once a week that i see him do it, usually after eating too fast.

I moved them to duck and tuna... so far so good! I did rabbit for a month but Cheli lost two pounds which he didn’t need.

Lambeau started his Cytopoint shots for the summer so he looks great :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try gamier and leaner meats next time I put in a bulk order depending on what's available- venison,rabbit,pheasant,duck,turkey,bison,fish etc. I'll stay away from pork, lamb and beef for a while.

I'd stay away from albacore tuna- from what I read, skipjack tuna is lower in mercury. 70% of tuna you buy is skipjack tuna anyways, so hopefully you are getting that.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try gamier and leaner meats next time I put in a bulk order depending on what's available- venison,rabbit,pheasant,duck,turkey,bison,fish etc. I'll stay away from pork, lamb and beef for a while.

I'd stay away from albacore tuna- from what I read, skipjack tuna is lower in mercury. 70% of tuna you buy is skipjack tuna anyways, so hopefully you are getting that.

Gonna ask which Tuna they are using... boys love it and would hate to have to remove it from the diet. Thanks for that tidbit

Mavis

Reaction score
Very interesting thread. I hope your efforts are paying off.

Christine, how did you get Chelios at 8 mo.?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Very interesting thread. I hope your efforts are paying off.

Christine, how did you get Chelios at 8 mo.?

Was a very sick puppy and owner surrendered him to our vet at five months of age. Our vet kept him until he was well and his issues addressed and he called us after our first bulldog past asking if we would be interested in giving him a good home. And the rest is history!

Last edited:

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Sorry a little late, but work has been busier than I can ever rememebre.

The boys are still doing great... annual wellness check went great! Our vet is thrilled that we switched to raw and said he can see the benefits..

We are fully on duck at this time, but thinking about trying the rabbit next month. The boys environmental allergies are starting to kick in, but nothing major at all. Little dirty ears and some mucus/congestion. Still feeding twice per day at 5:00 AM and 5:00 PM

Lambeau:
-- we lessened his breakfast to 1/2 cup and dinner is 2/3 cup.
-- he has gained two pounds (62 lbs) up four pounds since we started raw back in December.
-- his seasonal flank alopecia is still not showing up, but I'm watching for any changes.
-- still no improvement in is his folds... one eye still constantly runs, vet checked and there is nothing going on with lashes or eye. I stopped using all candles and oils which is usually a cinnamon/clove scent still -- no change.

ponder.gif

Cheli:
-- gets 1/3 cup at each meal
-- he is holding at 25 lbs
-- he does on occasion get a little regurgitation, but noting major and not consistent. I cut him back to 2 tablespoons of raw goats milk this week to see if it helps.

We have still not added any other treats into the diet.... they get Stella and Chewy duck meal toppers as potty/training treats (training never stops) and raw marrow bones on Saturday nights.

I'll continue to keep you posted... spring/summer I'm hoping to see some improvement with allergies, but right now, not optimistic raw can make a difference... Lambeau is allergic to everything green.. grass, weeds, trees, soy beans, if it is green,,, it is on the list

5e5c06c96f03b412c54024117a56a4f6.jpg

5fa4a7713f73ba8f33c13f3f4c3ad6ba.jpg

I love those photos !!! Looks like they have been groomed for a movie shoot.
No comparison to Zha Zha, world's ugliest dog.
merlin_140144286_193276f3-89e9-44a8-a828-51ec9ff5bc8e-superJumbo.jpg

Mavis

Reaction score
Was a very sick puppy and owner surrendered him to our vet at five months of age. Our vet kept him until he was well and his issues addressed and he called us after our first bulldog past asking if we would be interested in giving him a good home. And the rest is history!

Wow; great story. It was meant to be!

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Cheli was too.. i cut back in amount of goats milk and he still does occasionally, but not every day.

I also switched to rabbit... today is day two

Lately I've been feeding Honey, who weighs about 32 pounds, only 1/4 pound twice daily and she barely ever throws up now. That's only about 1.5% of her weight daily, and I've been doing it to get her to lose weight, which she has been losing gradually. Once she gets down to proper weight I'll need to increase back up to about 1/3 pound twice daily or 1/3 pound in morning and 1/4 pound at night, and I hope she doesn't start regurgitating again.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Lately I've been feeding Honey, who weighs about 32 pounds, only 1/4 pound twice daily and she barely ever throws up now. That's only about 1.5% of her weight daily, and I've been doing it to get her to lose weight, which she has been losing gradually. Once she gets down to proper weight I'll need to increase back up to about 1/3 pound twice daily or 1/3 pound in morning and 1/4 pound at night, and I hope she doesn't start regurgitating again.

I recently switched to turkey and tuna rotation and Cheli regurgitation is maybe once a week and I’m still thinking it’s when I give him a little too much goats milk.

Had to come off duck because Lambeau was gaining too much weight but Cheli has always maintained 24 or 25 pounds

Last edited:

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
I recently switched to turkey and tuna rotation and Cheli regurgitation is maybe once a week and I’m still thinking it’s when I give him a little too much goats milk.

Had to come off duck because Lambeau was gaining too much weight but Cheli has always maintained 24 or 25 pounds

I have Honey right now on game bird mix (Pheasant (meat & bone), Cornish Hen (meat & bone), Duck (meat & bone), Duck Liver ) and her ears seem slightly worse, so I'm not going to include that one in future in my rotation. Maybe it's too close to chicken in type of protein.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Honey right now on game bird mix (Pheasant (meat & bone), Cornish Hen (meat & bone), Duck (meat & bone), Duck Liver ) and her ears seem slightly worse, so I'm not going to include that one in future in my rotation. Maybe it's too close to chicken in type of protein.

I would consider hen.. chicken