Shellyanne and shelby

Shellyanne

Reaction score
Hi everyone you are all well. Ive just joined today . I thought it would be nice to chat about frenchie s as Shelby is my first one I used to have boxers and German sheps but with severe Arthritis I've had to go for little dogs. .my Shelby had a grass allergy and the vet told me to give her piriton twice a day. Which has helped. But her skin is pink any advice what to bath her in would be helpful to me. She's also got seasonal alapecia. Shellyanne .

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! Try wiping her paws and tummy with a cool wash cloth when she comes in from being in the grass.. my guys all have grass allergies and that is what I do to help lessen the impact.

Shellyanne

Reaction score
Welcome! Try wiping her paws and tummy with a cool wash cloth when she comes in from being in the grass.. my guys all have grass allergies and that is what I do to help lessen the impact.
Hi luv thank you for the advice it's nice when people care enough to help. What else do you bath your fur babies in .

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi everyone you are all well. Ive just joined today . I thought it would be nice to chat about frenchie s as Shelby is my first one I used to have boxers and German sheps but with severe Arthritis I've had to go for little dogs. .my Shelby had a grass allergy and the vet told me to give her piriton twice a day. Which has helped. But her skin is pink any advice what to bath her in would be helpful to me. She's also got seasonal alapecia. Shellyanne .
Welcome!

Rusty is allergic to everything environmental and has food allergies too and is even allergic to humans and himself!

I bath Rusty with Legendary Canine shampoo bars(there is a Healer bar and a Fresh bar), both of them are great,
It’s really good for allergies.

Rusty is on a raw diet, and I rotate proteins to prevent new food allergies(he developed a allergy to pork from eating it every day for only 60 days and now he is severely allergic to pork).
I highly recommend rotating proteins.

What do you feed her??

For environmental allergies, I give him Four Leaf Rover Bovine Colostrum as it’s specifically for environmental allergies. It’s been so helpful for his environmental allergies, you just put it in the dish WITHOUT food so it’s in the dish the powder by itself and they lick it up. Do this BEFORE breakfast and then you can feed her breakfast after waiting 30 minutes as it’s better absorbed on empty stomach.

I don’t recommend giving meds from
The vet as it’s all has nasty side effects and often does more harm than good. Most suppress the immune system so they can’t fight viruses, yeast, or cancer.
So I avoid Apoquel, Cytopoint, atopica, and I also avoid Benadryl and all steroids. Cytopoint is basically injection version of Apoquel.

Shellyanne

Reaction score
Welcome!

Rusty is allergic to everything environmental and has food allergies too and is even allergic to humans and himself!

I bath Rusty with Legendary Canine shampoo bars(there is a Healer bar and a Fresh bar), both of them are great,
It’s really good for allergies.

Rusty is on a raw diet, and I rotate proteins to prevent new food allergies(he developed a allergy to pork from eating it every day for only 60 days and now he is severely allergic to pork).
I highly recommend rotating proteins.

What do you feed her??

For environmental allergies, I give him Four Leaf Rover Bovine Colostrum as it’s specifically for environmental allergies. It’s been so helpful for his environmental allergies, you just put it in the dish WITHOUT food so it’s in the dish the powder by itself and they lick it up. Do this BEFORE breakfast and then you can feed her breakfast after waiting 30 minutes as it’s better absorbed on empty stomach.

I don’t recommend giving meds from
The vet as it’s all has nasty side effects and often does more harm than good. Most suppress the immune system so they can’t fight viruses, yeast, or cancer.
So I avoid Apoquel, Cytopoint, atopica, and I also avoid Benadryl and all steroids. Cytopoint is basically injection version of Apoquel.
Hi thank you for the advice through the winter she doesn't itch or bite herself it's in the last few weeks she started itching when my partner took them in a field and in the morning she was red and sore. I rang the vet who told me to give her piriton twice a day and hyperallegenic shampoo for her skin which has helped alot I've been told to sit her in a cool bath with green tea bags to soak her feet and tummy. She has been itching her face a bit to so I've just washed her face with a cold flannel and do it several times through the day. .

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi thank you for the advice through the winter she doesn't itch or bite herself it's in the last few weeks she started itching when my partner took them in a field and in the morning she was red and sore. I rang the vet who told me to give her piriton twice a day and hyperallegenic shampoo for her skin which has helped alot I've been told to sit her in a cool bath with green tea bags to soak her feet and tummy. She has been itching her face a bit to so I've just washed her face with a cold flannel and do it several times through the day. .
If she is allergic to the grass and other environmental allergies the Bovine Colostrum is the better version of anti itch meds without the side effects.

What do you feed her???

Her food can cause weakened immune issue and inflammatory too to actually cause some environmental allergies.

Shellyanne

Reaction score
Hi luv thank you for the advice it's nice when people care enough to help. What else do you bath your fur babies in .
Hi she keeps itching her face on the rug bless her I keep wiping her face with a cold cloth is there anything else I could use on her face it's not as red as the other day though sorry to be a pain asking for advice. Shellyanne.

🆕 Latest posts