Top Reasons to Never Buy a French Bulldog :)

TeresaW

Reaction score
Randy loves the Bully farts, but he is a firefighter and I think they must have competitions at work or something! Potty training with Pierce has more good days than bad. We definitely have to watch him and make sure he isn't too busy to go outside (he is pretty good about the doggie door). He definitely loves to sound like he is in a huge fight with Schatzi, but they are only playing-and he has brought her back to a play level we have not seen in a few years. We have a talker, so we really get the yodel when left by himself for a minute. It sounds like, "How DARE You leave me in this room!"
Randy said we were going to be a one dog family when Molly, our English Bulldog, died, but then finally decided to get Pierce. I hope he isn't planning to think that way once Schatzi has passed (which hopefully will not be for a few more years). I already know we need another Frenchie in the house!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vicki

Reaction score
OMG I love that list! We have 2 frenchies that are 8 months old. Rosie and Mia. They are biologic sisters from the same littler and were less than 1 oz. difference in their weight at 12 weeks. After their second flea and tick treatment our saga with Rosie started which has been months of diarrhea, rectal prolapse, diet changes, all kinds of different medications, purse string surgery to cure the rectal prolapse and abdominal surgery to check for a possible foreign body causing the diarrhea and bloody stool. After 2 regular vets, about $5000.00 in vet bills and Rosie nearly dying we finally got her into the Vet School at OSU just in time according to the Resident who we saw. Rosie was so anemic they gave her blood transfusions, IV fluids, and found an ulcer in her duodenum that was darn near perforating into her abdominal cavity. While doing her lab work they noticed she had no cortisole. They found that curious and did a definitive test for Addisons disease which came back positive and thank God we finally, finally had an answer! It was while my husband was talking to our regular vet and telling him what the OSU Vet School and found that he found this site and found other posts about Frenchies with Rectal Prolapse and a diagnosis of Addisons Disease! Our regular vet said "boy you learn something everyday, I never would have thought Addisons from her initial symptoms." The main and worse symptom all along, though, was horrible diarrhea. So keep us in mind anyone out there that has a Frenchie with these 2 symptoms. Save yourself some money but more importantly, save your precious frenchies life. These last 5 months have been hell for us and our poor little Rosie. She weighs 18# and her sister Mia weighs 28#. We now have her on a beef and barley diet and she'll be on medication for the rest of her life, but she's finally starting to get a spark back and is starting to want to play with Mia again. I am so grateful to have found out what was wrong. I couldn't believe this was what her life was going to be like.

Mavis

Reaction score
Ha, ha! Love numbers 11 and 13. I adore it when Bambi does the "death yodel." Have only heard it a couple of times but it is hysterical. It usually happens when she is surprised or sees someone on the other side of the fence. Not having frenchies, the first time John and I heard it, we thought she was sick. Every day I marvel at how cute she is and what a nice personality she has. She has been frisky lately (spring, maybe?), and when I come home from work, she does the zoomies and then runs over to me, turns her back to me and sits on my foot. I can work her into a frenzy when we play. :)

Cosmin

Reaction score
I absolutely love this! No. 3 is on his way :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Achillvdb

Reaction score
HAHA! Hilarious. My Tibu fits most of these.

Some of them are quite funny though luckily he hasn't eaten poop yet. That's pretty gross.

We trained him really well at the beginning. Got him a cage when he was small and potty trained him by making the cage bigger every other week. Sadly, he's forgotten most of that now and he's too big to be put into a cage. That and he thinks every piece of furniture belongs to him! haha

๐Ÿ†• Latest posts