Twiggy got a brother...

Tgirl

Reaction score
Don’t get too excited; he isn’t a Frenchie. As some of you know, my 19 year old’s elderly dog passed months ago from cancer. She has been wanting to get another dog. I wanted something adult, and no larger than about 30 pounds, but as anyone with kids knows, we don’t always have a say in what goes on lol. Anyway, we looked for a couple months, we foster for humane society, we looked at rescues, we went to adoption events at different places, she fell in love with a 4 month old at the humane society. They said he was a Doberman mix. The vets I work with said he looks more Great Dane mix. He isn’t terribly big like a Dane though. We got him June 30th. He was 18 pounds then, and last week was already 29. He went camping with us at the lake. He is doing fantastic with potty training. He can sit, give paw, come, and a week ago I started training him to ring the bell to go out and he is already doing that some. I’m pretty proud of that. He had been at the humane society since he was 7 weeks old so he had had all of his vaccinations except rabies, when we got him. We have done that already, and had him chipped. He is a total love bug but does have his bitey puppy moments. Twiggy isn’t too impressed but she will play with him for a minute or two here and there. So, I just wanted to introduce everyone to Benny...

Attachments

• 729FB0D1-711D-4687-A1F5-D808B20826CE.jpeg
    729FB0D1-711D-4687-A1F5-D808B20826CE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 193

Tgirl

Reaction score
I was having trouble adding pictures with the iPad so here are some from my phone. .

Attachments

• 20180727_071834.jpg
    20180727_071834.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 20180709_165143.jpg
    20180709_165143.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 20180702_212008.jpg
    20180702_212008.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 181

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations! He’s adorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavis

Reaction score
He is wonderful! Love the picture of him and Twiggy taking a sleepie.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Welcome, handsome Benny! Congratulations, he sound like he is quick to learn and eager to please!

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Yay! Welcome Benny! I like the name you chose and he is a super cutie pie!
I remember your original post when you indicated you were maybe going to start looking for a smaller dog to adopt. He sure is a lucky guy to have ended up with your family!
Love those photos! Keep 'em coming :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
OH my goodness... he sounds adorable and looks like a true LOVE bug!! Congrats.... Twiggy will come around, when she wants to.... :)

Tgirl

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Twiggy tolerates him, but she is more of a people dog than a dog's dog. I really don't think she would care if she were the only dog on earth. He gets a little too playful at times and she has to remind him of who is in charge. He listens for the most part, but sometimes he has to go in time out. :D

Frenchie Fanatic

Reaction score
Don’t get too excited; he isn’t a Frenchie. As some of you know, my 19 year old’s elderly dog passed months ago from cancer. She has been wanting to get another dog. I wanted something adult, and no larger than about 30 pounds, but as anyone with kids knows, we don’t always have a say in what goes on lol. Anyway, we looked for a couple months, we foster for humane society, we looked at rescues, we went to adoption events at different places, she fell in love with a 4 month old at the humane society. They said he was a Doberman mix. The vets I work with said he looks more Great Dane mix. He isn’t terribly big like a Dane though. We got him June 30th. He was 18 pounds then, and last week was already 29. He went camping with us at the lake. He is doing fantastic with potty training. He can sit, give paw, come, and a week ago I started training him to ring the bell to go out and he is already doing that some. I’m pretty proud of that. He had been at the humane society since he was 7 weeks old so he had had all of his vaccinations except rabies, when we got him. We have done that already, and had him chipped. He is a total love bug but does have his bitey puppy moments. Twiggy isn’t too impressed but she will play with him for a minute or two here and there. So, I just wanted to introduce everyone to Benny...

Benny is a good looking young man.
Congrats on your new family member and it's wonderful that
you rescued him!! Great pic of him and Twiggy sleeping together.
Thanks for sharing.
:yes:

Tgirl

Reaction score
Benny is still doing great. I'm always floored when I weigh him. He was 34 pounds last Saturday when I weighed him. He is growing so fast! He is technically my 19 year old daughter's dog, but I love him already. I'm just a dog person, what can I say? We went to the mountains for a few days and they both had to board at the Veterinary hospital where I work because they didn't have any dog friendly hotels available. They both had fun though. We have great people taking care of our dogs there. (so thankful for that). The young guy that works there had a really good time playing with him. I'm hoping to keep him exposed to various places and people so he will enjoy all types of situations. When he is a year and a half or so he should be able to run with me.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Are they bonding? He is too cute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🆕 Latest posts