Vegetarian or vegan diet?

zippygirl

Reaction score
I'm at my wit's end with my poor French Bulldog puppy! We've tried everything, and her bloody, loose stools (suspected colitis) are not getting any better. Does anyone have experience with feeding their Frenchie a vegetarian or vegan diet? Is there a reason to avoid a vegetarian diet -- remember, I am getting desperate here...do I have anything to lose by trying it? Thanks everyone!!!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are going through. Have you tried giving anything to help the colitis? Have you tried frozen raw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Try raw duck or turkey.... also, ask your vet for tylan powder, my bulldog had colitis and it helped here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CaliRaw

Reaction score
Hi! I'm so sorry your pup is going through this.

A vegetarian or vegan diet is not a good idea for any dog breed at all. Dogs are naturally omnivores and thrive on meat and protein. In the wild, a dog would eat raw meat and berries to survive.

There is simply no vegan/vegetarian option that can fulfill a dog's nutritional needs the way a protein-filled raw diet can. I feed my pups Cali Raw, since it's the easiest and most convenient for myself and my dogs. If you are feeding your dog a vegetarian or vegan diet, please stop as soon as possible because you're only harming them!

Good luck!

πŸ†• Latest posts