What colour?

bladesman83

Reaction score
Is that rare I’ve never really heard of cocoa x
It is classed as a rare colour as it is recessive, which means it requires 2 copies of the gene to show itself (1 copy from each parent). Blue is exactly the same.
There are 3 varieties of brown. Cocoa and chocolate with cocoa being the most common hence why I assume your girl will be.
There is also new shade, which is when a dog is both cocoa and chocolate. As you can imagine, these dogs are very rare as they require 4 specific genes (1 of each brown varient from both parents).
One of my 4 frenchies is also a cocoa and tan.

Gdoc12

Reaction score
It is classed as a rare colour as it is recessive, which means it requires 2 copies of the gene to show itself (1 copy from each parent). Blue is exactly the same.
There are 3 varieties of brown. Cocoa and chocolate with cocoa being the most common hence why I assume your girl will be.
There is also new shade, which is when a dog is both cocoa and chocolate. As you can imagine, these dogs are very rare as they require 4 specific genes (1 of each brown varient from both parents).
One of my 4 frenchies is also a cocoa and tan.
Thankyou for explaining I had a frenchie years ago but this was before all these new colours came out . I just wanted to know more as I may let her have a litter one day she’s just had her 3rd season and coming out of it accorded to her previous owner and she’s never had pups

bladesman83

Reaction score
Thankyou for explaining I had a frenchie years ago but this was before all these new colours came out . I just wanted to know more as I may let her have a litter one day she’s just had her 3rd season and coming out of it accorded to her previous owner and she’s never had pups
I'm a big proponent of allowing a bitch a litter, it brings out her maternal traits. Be aware that it can be expensive to breed a french bulldog. My litter cost me £4000 and I own both parents. There's a high probability that you will require a cesarean and that is £1500 to start.

Gdoc12

Reaction score
Thankyou , I know this can be expensive especially for the type of breed it’s also expensive insuring them I’ve just taken out a platinum cover which covers 5000 per condition /illness and I know insurance doesn’t cover for c section . I’m not even sure how much pups sell for . I’m planning on keeping one and I know she may only have a small litter

🆕 Latest posts