6 month old kennel troubles

Bru’s mama Carly

Reaction score
Our pup we just got is almost 6 months old and he does awesome in his crate at night for sleeping cause he sees me get into bed and when I’m working at home at my desk he will sleep in it beside me with no
Issues but if I put him in it cause I need to go out he howls and cries I don’t know what to do I have to nip it in the butt fast as if my neighbours complain I will have to give him up. I also need to be able to go out with my family and he won’t always be able to come . We have another dog (2 year old Pomsky ) but I don’t trust leaving them out together yet plus the Frenchie doesn’t seem to be 100% house broken
Anyone have advise to help

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
You can try leaving an article of clothing with your scent on it with him in the crate or perhaps a safe chew toy to help keep him occupied. He is probably fine in it during the day as he can see you so maybe get up and leave the room for a few minutes and then come back and keep doing that extending the time gone so he gets used to being along and sees that you will come back.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
yes... try the dirty tshirt with your scent on it and as Citty suggested the leave the room and come back routine.

🆕 Latest posts