7 month old has started having accidents again

pdepierre

Reaction score
Our almost 7 month old Frenchie, Frank has been fully potty trained for the last 2+ months, never having any accidents in the house. However for the last week he has started having small "piddle" accidents when playing, even when he has just been outside. Is this reversion normal for this breed, or a sign of a potential UTI or other vet-worthy visit?

Mechadogzilla

Reaction score
Interesting. My current non-Frenchie seven month old has recently regressed as well. Usually, he does really well and will ring the bell we have hanging by the door to let us know he has to go outside. However, the last week or so, he had had a couple of accidents in the house. I have gone back to the once an hour trips outside. I do think on at least one of the occasions that he wanted to urinate inside as he had just come in. I am wondering whether it is an unneutered male teenage issue.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Our almost 7 month old Frenchie, Frank has been fully potty trained for the last 2+ months, never having any accidents in the house. However for the last week he has started having small "piddle" accidents when playing, even when he has just been outside. Is this reversion normal for this breed, or a sign of a potential UTI or other vet-worthy visit?

Since they are piddles... I’d have him checked for a UTI, to rule it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olouttt

Reaction score
My puppy is 9 months old now, and he still can have accidents in the apartment. We just gate him in the kitchen when we leave. But he still does it on the rugs in there, even when there is a pee pad down. My vet and my breeder told me that there urinary tract is not mature until they are somewhere around a year, so they can have accidents. So it's worth waiting I guess. Some good tips can be found on smartpetbox