BrutusnBella
New member
- Joined
- Nov 13, 2016
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
I am new to this forum. I came across it while trying to research information about hemi vertebrae, because I just found out my 2 year old frenchie has this issue in the middle of her back. Out of nowhere last week, she was in agonizing pain and shaking, without any obvious injury. We took her to the vet immediately, because it was so scary the extent of pain she was in, she was shaking and panting. After doing a lot of tests, they checked her spine and found 3 of her vertebrae were abnormal and compressing her nerves at this point.
They have been managing her symptoms with Prednisone, Robaxin, and Famotidine and she is doing better. We are limiting her activity and she no longer is allowed on the furniture to avoid jumping, as I read this is a huge trigger for the symptoms.
My vet does not specialize is neurological issues, so I am trying to research specialists. This whole thing is frightening since the range of symptoms and treatment are so broad. My Bella still has full function and has no limp or issues otherwise, but I do not want to wait until the next episode to address this matter.
Any guidance or experience would be much appreciated!
They have been managing her symptoms with Prednisone, Robaxin, and Famotidine and she is doing better. We are limiting her activity and she no longer is allowed on the furniture to avoid jumping, as I read this is a huge trigger for the symptoms.
My vet does not specialize is neurological issues, so I am trying to research specialists. This whole thing is frightening since the range of symptoms and treatment are so broad. My Bella still has full function and has no limp or issues otherwise, but I do not want to wait until the next episode to address this matter.
Any guidance or experience would be much appreciated!







