Behaviours

Joegreer

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 2 year old male Frenchie and a new addition to the family as well he is 7 months , my 2 year old won't eat but will drink loads, but the main issue is he won't stop trying to hump the younger one. Can any one share tips for this?

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 2 year old male Frenchie and a new addition to the family as well he is 7 months , my 2 year old won't eat but will drink loads, but the main issue is he won't stop trying to hump the younger one. Can any one share tips for this?

Drinking that much water and not eating could mean a health issue like kidney disease or he could be stressed.
If it gets excessive I would take him to vet to be sure nothing serious is wrong for not eating and drinking excessive.

What do you feed them?

Is he neutered?

Also he could be trying to be dominant to the younger one, but that behaviour should be corrected.

Does he know the ‘off’ command?

my 2 dogs, if they jump on people to greet them excitedly (rarely) or if Rusty jumps up at my other dog to play who is bigger than him, I say “Off” and they stay off.

So I recommend saying ‘Off’ or ‘No’ and then redirect him to a toy or a command.

Does he hump the other dog to play? Cause some dogs will only do it to try to get the other dog to play. In that case, redirect him to a toy instead.

🆕 Latest posts