Bisou's Birthday Beach Trip

shortstuff

Reaction score
Sorry for the bombardment of posts lately... I just had to share this!

We went to the beach on Saturday, partially due to the nice warm weekend we were having and partially because her birthday was on Thursday. We hadn't been to the beach since she was 6-7 months old, so she got to test out her life jacket for the first time! She was such a ham and did so well. Her recall is so much better than last time, despite everyone cooing at her little rash guard as she trotted by.

The air might have been warm, but the water was still chilly... so Bisou rocked her rash guard, being called a girl by strangers for the first time!! The last time we took her to the beach, she swam (with help) out to these girls with boogie boards and insisted she climbed up on them. So this time we brought a boogie board of our own and she loved it. My fiance took her into the small surf and she actually stayed on the board! Before I could get a video, she started to get a little chilled and just wanted to run around instead.
IMG_0644.jpgIMG_0662.jpgIMG_0670.jpgIMG_0703.jpg

We didn't get a video of her surfing, but we did get one of her swimming! She was such a trooper in her life jacket :D

She and Shasta had so much fun playing. Bisou almost completely ignored little dogs her own size, including a pair of Frenchies that followed her around everywhere, but she absolutely loves playing with big dogs. And she loved watching the sea gulls fly over and would chase their shadow.

Tgirl

Reaction score
What lucky girls to live so close to the ocean. It sure looks like she had a blast. :)

mhuinker

Reaction score
Cute!! The beach looks familiar, but which one is it [MENTION=950]shortstuff[/MENTION] ?

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Aww so cute. Such a water lover! We enjoyed the nice weather this week-end too and Jake actually went swimming in our pool (with his life jacket) for the 1st time!

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
She's so darn cute!!! Love the pics! I would love to take my dogs to the beach, despite the fact that I'm terrified of going in the ocean. lol!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
What great pictures, she is so cute! Jax is the same way, he would prefer to play with big dogs as well.

shortstuff

Reaction score
Cute!! The beach looks familiar, but which one is it [MENTION=950]shortstuff[/MENTION] ?

It's the OB Dog Beach across the bay from Sea World San Diego :) We love it there! It's a two-sided beach where one side is your typical beach with the waves and the other side is a channel where the San Diego River dumps off into the ocean. It's got quite a current on that side when you go deep, but Shasta is terrified of waves and very much prefers the calmer shores on that side.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Too awesome.... she loves the beach and the big boys!

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Looks like you all had a fun day :)

I cant wait for summer to get here!
Right now its still snowing and the other day parts of the ocean infront of our house were actually frozen! Its been crazy :/

One day I'll move to California :D

mhuinker

Reaction score
It's the OB Dog Beach across the bay from Sea World San Diego :) We love it there! It's a two-sided beach where one side is your typical beach with the waves and the other side is a channel where the San Diego River dumps off into the ocean. It's got quite a current on that side when you go deep, but Shasta is terrified of waves and very much prefers the calmer shores on that side.

Ahh, Ocean Beach. :) I miss San Diego, but I sure don't miss the traffic!! :)

shortstuff

Reaction score
Ahh, Ocean Beach. :) I miss San Diego, but I sure don't miss the traffic!! :)

For sure! Luckily we're way out in east county and work close to home so we don't deal with that kind of traffic much, but it's quite the production just to go down to the beach for a couple hours. My fiance's brother lives out that way too in Point Loma, so needless to say he comes to us most of the time. Haha :p

mhuinker

Reaction score
For sure! Luckily we're way out in east county and work close to home so we don't deal with that kind of traffic much, but it's quite the production just to go down to the beach for a couple hours. My fiance's brother lives out that way too in Point Loma, so needless to say he comes to us most of the time. Haha :p

Cool. We were married in Pt. Loma (sort of Pt. Loma.... The Thursday Club) :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Awwww sweet Bisou looked like she was having a great time out there, and looked good in her life jacket.