Bleu

Marji

Reaction score
My name is Marji, we have had three frenchies prior to Bleu. We loved them all so much. Bleu is the first one that has had IVVD. We were not aware of this disease until yesterday when devastation hit us in the face. I have a retail shoppe and am looking forward to retiring in 18 mos. We travel to France a couple times a year and are looking forward to staying longer. Bleu is 5 yrs young and was very active. A relative watched him while we were away and we came home this past Sunday. Monday morning I found myself taking him to an animal hospital at 6:30 am with loss of back leg movement. We are devastated. He has no pain sensation what so ever. I read that it’s possible it could return with 1-2 weeks.

I have been praying and was hoping that maybe someone has gone through this and would give us some hope for him. Our little one was so active that I am worried he will not have the enjoyment of life he once had.

If someone has had any experience with what we are going through I would appreciate your sharing it with us. This is a long and lonely road ahead. Everything I have watched show paralyzed dog walks again! What they don’t tell you is if they had pain sensation to begin with. Your insight and prayers are appreciated. It’s 1:30 am and I am sleeping on the floor near him just in case he needs me. I can’t sleep. I’m worried and frightened.

Attachments

• 066F94AC-9C20-4CB4-8CC0-C5EDE745E652.jpeg
    066F94AC-9C20-4CB4-8CC0-C5EDE745E652.jpeg
    931.5 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to FBN… IVDD is very common in French bulldogs and even many other breeds. Sadly, they aren’t born with it , it develops and sometimes there are signs with slow progression but most times it is sudden.

I have a 13 year old that has had issues over his years and slowly progressed.

@Cbrugs .. her Jax has had many surgeries for his issues. I believe she has a few detailed posts on the forums about the condition

Back