Breathing post "nose job"/palette reduction

Melissaalorio

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My frenchie has his nose job and his soft palette reduction done on 9/20/2024. After his 10 day post surgery check up, he seem to develop a wheezing problem. I’m not sure if this is due to him barking and going wild at the vet. Is this due to his throat swelling up? Let me know if this has happened to your Frenchie? I am taking him to the vet tomorrow to get seen again. The wheezing seems to stop only when he sleeps and he eats normal.

It did happen with our two but only the week of surgery

Hello everyone,

My frenchie has his nose job and his soft palette reduction done on 9/20/2024. After his 10 day post surgery check up, he seem to develop a wheezing problem. I’m not sure if this is due to him barking and going wild at the vet. Is this due to his throat swelling up? Let me know if this has happened to your Frenchie? I am taking him to the vet tomorrow to get seen again. The wheezing seems to stop only when he sleeps and he eats normal.
Don't know how much Frenchie surgery the vet does. We had our 1.5yo soft palette and tonsils removed, no nares. It was done by laser. We were told 6-8 weeks for complete healing. Not to expect complete silence as "it's a frenchie" LOL. She makes noises, mostly sleeping. However, her activity level and breathing has greatly improved.

Back