Food transition causing regurgitation

okgrau8

Reaction score
Stanley has been on TOTW puppy for a while now, simply because we always end up going back to it after other food fails. But itchy eyes, ears, and tear stains make us want to find something better.

We started transitioning Stan to Fromm's Beef frittata veg last Tuesday the 13th, over a course of 9-10 days. By day 4, he's started regurgitating it back up. Once on Friday, Sunday, Monday, and now today (Tuesday) morning.

Could he really be affected by the new food so quickly? Or am I missing something else? It's not a vomiting with retching. It just comes right back up like no big deal, and he goes on unaffected. Hard not to attribute it to this new food though when that's the primary thing that's changed.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Is he eating faster or any other behavior change? If not, it would be worth going back to TOTW puppy to see if the regurgitating stops.

Tgirl

Reaction score
That's odd. I would think it would have to have something to do with the food, unless he is eating it faster or something.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Definitely it was the switch in food. My dog will regurgitate foods that disagree with her. Try a different one.

EPR35

Reaction score
May also be the consistency/moisture content making one food harder which requires more chewing. These pups seem to gulp their food and eat quickly while chewing as little as possible. They are also known to get acid reflux, the new food may not agree with him.

okgrau8

Reaction score
Update: we slowed down the transition a step and added a dash of water to his food to slow him down. It's been 3 days without regurgitating so fingers crossed!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Update: we slowed down the transition a step and added a dash of water to his food to slow him down. It's been 3 days without regurgitating so fingers crossed!

Great news! hoping it stays that way