Harness Preferences

Which harness do you use AND that you're happy with?

• Standard 1" Harness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chest Plate Harness

• Soft Mesh Harness

• Step-In Harness

• Other - See preference below

• Total voters

Calle Roo

Reaction score
Hello hello hello.

I've searched for harness topics throughout the forum, however responses seem to change often as we're all trying new products to ensure our puppy is comfortable and doesn't pull. As our Frenchies grow, their body changes and their harness needs change as well. I'd love to see what harness you're currently using and ARE happy with.

Feel free to leave comments on what harnesses you have transitioned through as any additional opinions you can provide on favoured brands or disliked products.

Quella is a 50/50 walker. Half of the time she is by my side and the other half of the time, she's pulling the leash taut and choking herself. I only bought a few leashes and collars when I got her for trips to the vet. Now that she is fully vaccinated, I need a harness that helps prevent the pulling (because it annoys the jeebers out of me), but also stops her from hurting herself and choking. It's hard to make the leap when she is only 4.5 months and has a ways to grow and the harnesses I've looked at are $30-60.

Puller.jpg

Thanks so much,

Quella La Roux and her mommy too!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We don't have any harness for our Frenchies. They all walk great on a leash because they were taught not to pull. You can do this by just working with them. When they pull, tell them NO and make them stop and sit. Then start again, and keep doing this until they get the message to walk with you. You can also quickly and slightly pull the leash to the side to redirect them and make them stop. We do have a couple harnesses for our bullies, but they are used in the car to help keep them safe. We just have the ones we bought at Petsmart. Transporting our Frenchies in the car, we use crates.

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Maple is a 80/20 walker :D She is usually fine but when she sees something or rather someone she really wants to say Hi to she can start pulling and be very determined to go there :p We're still working on that but like I said most of the time she is fine.
We have had collars so far and I have heard from quite a few people that the pulling actually got worse with the harness.
But I do understand your concern about the choking. Everytime Maple pulls I make her sit or turn around and make her focus on me.Then we continue walking.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
For Cheli, it is the Easy Walker... he is a puller and we've had difficulty training him to walk nicely, so the easy walker keeps him in line

eeturk

Reaction score
Hudson is not a big puller, but the collar bothers him. He'll stop and itch at it every 20 steps or so -- not very pleasant on a walk! I thought switching to a harness might help, and it has made a world of difference!

I use the puppia adjustable harness. He is 6 months, so still growing, and the medium fits well since you can adjust it down. I also recommend that you get the one with the adjustable neck since their heads are big and otherwise it's hard to squeeze it over. I paid around $20 on amazon for mine. It's called the rite fit harness with adjustable neck!

me4a9aru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk