Have a few questions about Pee Pad training

melhen

Reaction score
Hi all I adopted my Sassy a few weeks ago. Shes been doing really well considering how old she was and is.
Theres a couple problems I've been having.
She uses the pads really well so I am assuming who ever had her before I got her started her with pads cause she took to them immediately and had only had a few true accidents.
Our biggest issue has been peeing on the edge or hanging over when pooping.
So my idea which I ran past a trainer is to use soft sided crate that opens on top, in front and on one side as a potty station.
I want to train her to use this to keep her from peeing and pooping off or on edge and to recognize it as her potty place so that when we travel it will be familar to her already.
I am going to order some washable pee pads to go in it.
The trainer thought this would work well and reccommended i get two seperate crates to use.
I got a 42"×301/2" ×31 high as I thought bigger was better. If this works I'll get another as suggested.
My question is what do y'all think, about the idea and size?
And do y'all have any reccommendations for good washable pee pads at a good price.
Thank you

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I don't have any advice on this issue as I have never trained using pee pads, but hopefully someone else has and can offer their opinion to you and Sassy :)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I only used pee pads the first few nights.

Stuart

Reaction score
I only used pee pads the first few nights.

I bet I bought 300 pads, but after realizing that our pup would mistake every door mat and smaller area rug for a peep pad, we tossed the other 280. I honestly think it slowed/delayed his potty training progress, but I am no dog poop master. I was just shocked at the fact that he was hitting every freaking mat in our house over and over again, yet the pee pads were spotless.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet I bought 300 pads, but after realizing that our pup would mistake every door mat and smaller area rug for a peep pad, we tossed the other 280. I honestly think it slowed/delayed his potty training progress, but I am no dog poop master. I was just shocked at the fact that he was hitting every freaking mat in our house over and over again, yet the pee pads were spotless.

I used them at night and after a few days, they were always dry. Then I would leave a couple in the kitchen since that’s where Jax got confined when alone and he just would tear them up so I stopped using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherri

Reaction score
I don’t like the idea of encouraging eliminating indoors so never pee pad trained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk