Hello.

D2D1D2_L

Reaction score
My Frenchie is about 4-years old. She is usually energetic and loving. She had three seizures in two days recently. Needless to say, she's not herself. The vet put her on an anti-seizure medicine today. She's been on prednisone for a week to help with allergies. I am hoping and praying that the prednisone isn't the culprit to the seizures. She's been a little more anxious since she's been on it, and she's been panting and overheating too. I can't wait to wean her off. Anyway, this wasn't much of an introduction...I just jumped right in to stating my dog's problem. :unsure: I do look forward to this forum, and appreciate the threads I have read thus far. Thanks.

Glad to have you on the site, welcome. I hope she returns to her normal self soon. Is it possible she could be getting into / eating something she's not supposed to be around the house or in the yard?

My Frenchie is about 4-years old. She is usually energetic and loving. She had three seizures in two days recently. Needless to say, she's not herself. The vet put her on an anti-seizure medicine today. She's been on prednisone for a week to help with allergies. I am hoping and praying that the prednisone isn't the culprit to the seizures. She's been a little more anxious since she's been on it, and she's been panting and overheating too. I can't wait to wean her off. Anyway, this wasn't much of an introduction...I just jumped right in to stating my dog's problem. :unsure: I do look forward to this forum, and appreciate the threads I have read thus far. Thanks.
Poor girl… pred will cause the panting and overheating.

I pray she heals up soon and the seizures stop

Hello. We go back to the vet today, but I wanted to report that my girl hasn't had seizures for 3 days now. She's starting to show signs of getting back to her regular self after several days of vomiting, lethargic, and low energy. I know there are many stories out there about Frenchies having seizures, but I think my girl's seizures were related to eating spoiled/molded food while on Prednisone (for her allergies/autoimmune problems). I'm praying that she's on the road to recovery and thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I wanted to make sure I shared the good news, but also to emphasize to journal and observe EVERYTHING so you and your vet can rule out causes. I would have hated to put her on anticonvulsant therapy when she didn't need it.

Hello. We go back to the vet today, but I wanted to report that my girl hasn't had seizures for 3 days now. She's starting to show signs of getting back to her regular self after several days of vomiting, lethargic, and low energy. I know there are many stories out there about Frenchies having seizures, but I think my girl's seizures were related to eating spoiled/molded food while on Prednisone (for her allergies/autoimmune problems). I'm praying that she's on the road to recovery and thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I wanted to make sure I shared the good news, but also to emphasize to journal and observe EVERYTHING so you and your vet can rule out causes. I would have hated to put her on anticonvulsant therapy when she didn't need it.
Thank you for the update… hundreds of people read our forums, they may not comment but the sharing of experiences is very helpful.

Continued healing prayers

Back