Help please - worlds pickiest frenchie everr

PennytheFrenchie

Reaction score
As almost everyone on this forum knows, frenchies are so darn stubborn and would rather starve then eat something they dont want. For some odd reason, my five month is only wanting goat milk again. She started out with Blue Buffalo and goat milk. We took her off of goat milk and she didnt like her food anymore. I switched her to Orijen and we were fine for about two weeks until she stopped, so i tried adding just a tiny bit of goat milk to Orijen. She licked all the milk off of each piece and managed to spit every piece back in the bowl. I switched it to Acana and she liked it for another week or two and is now not eating.

My husband said to stop giving in, and she will eat her food when she gets hungry. She ate less than one cup of food the entire week. I got so scared and caved. Gave her some goat milk over her food and shes been eating half of the daily recommended. Reading on the forum, i see some have dealt with picky eaters.

Does anyone have another brand or something they can recommend? I know having her nutrients is crucial at this growing stage so i want her to eat! She loves treats and only gets them as a reward so i dont believe it's a digestive issue, and does not get fed at the table when we are eating. She still poops three times a day and all solid so i have no idea what else to do.

Side note, with or without her food, she is still the best ball of energy. :D

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
how much are you feeding at each meal?

What is the harm in continuing to add a little goats milk to the meal... it is a great probiotic

PennytheFrenchie

Reaction score
Each meal is half a cup twice a day. No harm in adding the milk, however shes only drinking the milk and continuing to spit out her actual food. so when she walks away from her bowl, all the milk is gone and the food sadly is the exact same amount.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Each meal is half a cup twice a day. No harm in adding the milk, however shes only drinking the milk and continuing to spit out her actual food. so when she walks away from her bowl, all the milk is gone and the food sadly is the exact same amount.

Little stinker! try cutting back the food .. just a bit, maybe, since it is a high quality food, she just isn't that hungry.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe try The Honest Kitchen or Grandma Lucy's? They are a dehydrated raw but my bulldog absolutely loves it. Jax, my Frenchie eats frozen raw, so if you are not opposed to that, that is an option or well.

You can also try adding a topper. The Honest Kitchen and Stella & Chewy's sells toppers.

Have you tried different proteins?

PennytheFrenchie

Reaction score
Havent tried different proteins. Just different brand, same protein. I'll definitely try the Honest Kitchen this week. Thanks for the advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, i havent tried cutting back just because less than 25% of the food i put out is eaten. Maybe it is too much

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Could be a texture thing too. The Honest Kitchen base mix is what I feed and add my own protein. I think you can get small samples on their website to see if she likes it.

PennytheFrenchie

Reaction score
Does is not include any protein or are you adding additional? Thanks!!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Goats milk is good, but you can also try Feta cheese sprinkled on top and see if that helps. Henri went through this phase also, and then he finally out grew it.

PennytheFrenchie

Reaction score
***UPDATE*** We went to our local pet store and a few samples of Raw diet. Can you let me know if you're using it and how you think it's working on your furbaby. I've been reading up the pros and cons and really do think I want to try it. She's had two servings of it and has been licking her bowl clean. We were also told goat milk would be good and some probiotics. Let me know yours and what brand you're using!

Thanks!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
We feed Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient and add a small amt. of meat or au jus as a topper.