Hi everyone I've just joined to seek a bit of help for my beautiful Harley

Karenlouise30

Reaction score
so his eye looks like its squinting? no discharge and isn't rubbing it so don't think he would requires a vet as they would probably give him drops so can anyone recommend any to buy over the internet ? amazon ect

Thanks in advance

Karen & Harley

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Welcome!

If he is squinting or has eye irritation, I would have a vet check it. Even if there isn’t discharge or pawing at the eye, it’s best to have the vet check it.

If it was me, I wouldn’t just go buy eye drops to put in the eye cause some can make the eye worse depending on the cause and also can cause more problems. I use a eye wash on Rusty’s eyes that is needed for his allergies, but this is only done because the vet said this is safe for his healthy eyes.

But it could be allergies irritating his eyes as well, especially now that Pollen is out which a lot of dogs are allergic to.

If it’s allergies that’s irritating his eyes, there is things you can do for that.
What do you feed him?

Any photos of Harley? How old is he?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
For now you can try Genteal which is for dry eye or an eye wash to flush out his eye in case there is something in there. Neither will hurt him. But if it continues, I would take him to the vet and they can do a dye test to see if there is a scratch or an infection.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
The eye wash I forgot to mention that I use for Rusty, is called Eye Stream. It’s just a plain eye wash the dermatologist has us rinsing his eyes with for allergies.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I never mess with the eyes, I'd have him checked for sure

Jeffc

Reaction score
Welcome, I would follow these fine folks advice. Very knowledgeable and caring people here. Your pup is beautiful.