Hip Issues

Michaeholub

Reaction score
i have a 6 year old Frenchie who i think is having some issues and i asked the vet about it and they said there was no issue . He is very active but it almost seems at times his left leg will flail out like it’s kot even attached. He kind swishes his back legs at times and it looks to me that all his weigh is on the front legs . It’s kinda hard to explain but has anyone had an issue like this . He doesn’t seem to be in any pain and plays fetch like a champ . Any advice or thoughts would be great .

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Were X-rays done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
i have a 6 year old Frenchie who i think is having some issues and i asked the vet about it and they said there was no issue . He is very active but it almost seems at times his left leg will flail out like it’s kot even attached. He kind swishes his back legs at times and it looks to me that all his weigh is on the front legs . It’s kinda hard to explain but has anyone had an issue like this . He doesn’t seem to be in any pain and plays fetch like a champ . Any advice or thoughts would be great .

Welcome to FBN!!

Have his spine checked for fused vertebrae.. and start a joint supplement like Movoflex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Welcome! He could be developing arthritis. My 6, almost 7, year old Frenchie has arthritis in his hips so I give him CBD oil to help. I would get an x-ray done to confirm if it's his hips or back. Good luck!

fredfielolub

Reaction score
I recently took him for a full check up and the vet didnt see too much wrong with him but something is for sure wronDo you recall what kind of spine tests you had done? They did give me a joint supplent which i have had him on for a few weeks

fredfielolub

Reaction score
How long was it before you noticed the oil helping. I need to take him in for more tests because i had taken him in
and the vet gave me a joint supplement but im not sure that is the answer

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
How long was it before you noticed the oil helping. I need to take him in for more tests because i had taken him in
and the vet gave me a joint supplement but im not sure that is the answer

To be honest we didn't realize he had arthritis until the vet told us. He never acted any differently. Our vet gave us supplements too but they're very expensive so I opted for CBD oil. I know some who give both supplements and CBD oil but usually those dogs have a real issue walking, which Wally does not. You will probably have to play around with the dosage, some need more than others.