How to train my frenchie not to snap other dogs?

ilovefrenchies

Reaction score
Hi,

My frenchie (Rocky) is 2 years and 8 months old. I love him and he is super nice and friendly with me, my family and friends (and my 2 cats!). But he becomes a bit aggressive when it comes to strangers or some of the other dogs. Sometimes people in the elevator or in the park would ask me if he is friendly and want to pat him, Rocky has this growling face (his mouth is not open and it looks like he is going to growl) when the stranger comes close, if they approach closer he starts barking at them. He doesn't do this to all strangers though, probably 2 out of 10 people he can be nice with.

Rocky is more aggressive to dogs. I started sending him to daycare when he was 4 months old so he can socialize with other dogs and he was totally fine with it. Even now he can play with some of my friends' dogs. But I think after he was 1.5 years old, things became intense when he meet other dogs. They would sniff each other first, then most of the times Rocky would bark or even snap the other dog (even the other dog looks calm and friendly).

How do I train him not to be so aggressive to strangers and dogs? I want him to be calm and happy with other people and dogs :(. Please help us!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
You may need to have a trainer come into the home as it seems you need to have someone teach you his triggers since it is not every person there is something he doesn’t specifically like or has a fear of... identifying that will help correct the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk