Looking for vet recommendation in PA

suebee

Reaction score
I am trying to find a veterinarian. I will be bringing Frankie home next month at 10 weeks of age. Does anyone know a practice in the Berks County, PA area they might suggest using, or what questions I should ask? Any advice is appreciated. The vet I was thinking of is 40 minutes away and the ratings suggest they might be more interested in selling things and overcharging for services without first explaining the why's and wherefore's of what is needed. I have no problem paying for what is needed, but would like to know he truly is getting expert advice! And I AM getting pet insurance just for good measure - any suggestions of the best ones to look at? Many thanks!!!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
No recommendations but you should find one that is familiar with the Frenchie breed.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I am in upper Montgomery and use North Penn Animal Hospital in Lansdale.... Dr Rossi is my guy but the are all great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

suebee

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, 2bullymama, but that is actually over an hour's drive from me. I did receive some recommendations from friends and am looking into the doctors to make sure they are familiar with Frenchies. We have a lot of animal hospitals/clinics in Berks Co. but I want to go to one where someone I know actually goes to. Have you ever had to make use of alternative medicines such as acupuncture, herbal therapy? I noticed your vet offers that and there are also some here who offer it. I know acupuncture can do wonders for chronic issues in people, so why shouldn't it work for arthritic dogs, cats, etc? Just wondering....

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, 2bullymama, but that is actually over an hour's drive from me. I did receive some recommendations from friends and am looking into the doctors to make sure they are familiar with Frenchies. We have a lot of animal hospitals/clinics in Berks Co. but I want to go to one where someone I know actually goes to. Have you ever had to make use of alternative medicines such as acupuncture, herbal therapy? I noticed your vet offers that and there are also some here who offer it. I know acupuncture can do wonders for chronic issues in people, so why shouldn't it work for arthritic dogs, cats, etc? Just wondering....

I have not, but Dr. Hatfield at North Penn is phenomenal, I just love her to pieces. We do use laser therapy for our Bulldog, Banks.. she is 8.5 and has severe arthritis in her spine and HD. We actually drive about 45 mins to the vet, it is so beyond worth it to me. If you want, PM me the list of vets you are considering, I may know of them or someone that goes to them.