New member - deaf puppy

Miszczak

Reaction score
Helen has recently developed a , I will call it a fatty sack under her left side of the face, primarily underneath her jaw near her throat area. She is on prednisone every 3 days of .5mg , we also are just starting to administer droplets every 2nd day of a CbD oil suitable for pet consumption.

Does anyone have information if they had administered these types of medicines and something, not normal would appear such as I described .

Miszczak

Reaction score
That is on Helen's good eyesite side , the left lower is where a sack has formed. Her appetite this day was suspect but she did eat a little bit of liver cooked and shes drinking / exercising.

20200718_115429.jpg

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
That is on Helen's good eyesite side , the left lower is where a sack has formed. Her appetite this day was suspect but she did eat a little bit of liver cooked and shes drinking / exercising.

View attachment 14012

I have no experience seeing some thing like that from steroids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Aw, poor girl. I have no experience either, but thinking of you.

Miszczak

Reaction score
This was a non related cushings / tumor incident thankfully. There are the salvia glands in her mouth and this one, unknown how got inflected or perhaps punctured , so the antibiotic willbe followed up on a week but shes feeling a ton better this Saturday Saturday July 25th cause she had me crying the nite prior thinking the worst. 20200725_122800.jpg

Miszczak

Reaction score
Helen is using some alternative medicine as well. Along with CBD oil , we recently added two jars from Aloha Medicianls , both of which contain strains of mushrooms that are used for the repair of an immune system. We have staggered all the medicines in a written schedule on when they are administered and so far she is eating , drinking , exercising and sleeping like an eight cylinder Mercedes G series coupe.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Are things still going well with her eating, drinking, playing, and sleeping? Hope to hear more good news!

Miszczak

Reaction score
Helen has had a great summer !

Shes eating well, exercising regularly with all of her usual vigor and curiosity , shes sleeping well and enjoying life as only Helen can . We still have her on the predisone but have extended the tablet to every 4th day which seems to stabilize her along with the other medicines . Screenshot_20200920-082635_Messenger.jpg

That's my sister's new greyhound . She fosters the greyhounds out of Florida and homes them in western Canada . This is Zippy, shes 3 years old . Has had 33 races in her life and was victorious in one of them . She has a wonderful disposition and will have zero problems on finding her new home . My sister has fostered over 100 greyhounds thus far .

FroxerMom

Reaction score

Shes eating well, exercising regularly with all of her usual vigor and curiosity , shes sleeping well and enjoying life as only Helen can . We still have her on the predisone but have extended the tablet to every 4th day which seems to stabilize her along with the other medicines . View attachment 14179

That's my sister's new greyhound . She fosters the greyhounds out of Florida and homes them in western Canada . This is Zippy, shes 3 years old . Has had 33 races in her life and was victorious in one of them . She has a wonderful disposition and will have zero problems on finding her new home . My sister has fostered over 100 greyhounds thus far .

SOOOO very glad to read that Helen is doing well despite her health issues. And your sister has a heart of gold for fostering so many dogs in need- great pic of the two dogs! Thanks for the update!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score

Shes eating well, exercising regularly with all of her usual vigor and curiosity , shes sleeping well and enjoying life as only Helen can . We still have her on the predisone but have extended the tablet to every 4th day which seems to stabilize her along with the other medicines . View attachment 14179

WOW! That is amazing what your sister is doing.... thank goodness for people like her to love so much and care to get them great homes

Miszczak

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Hope you are all well.

It's been too long . Helen is still with us after two years being diagnosed with cushings , pituitary issues.
In April 2022 she has since had a setback and we are currently trying to help her through it . Mostly with an increase in medications but we have a concern with her back leg now as well where she all of sudden doesn't apply pressure on it . She also trembles quite a bit .

We are hoping for the best for Helen but we have talked at length about her since her original diagnosis and one thing we won't do is let her suffer for a length of time. We are prepared as much as anyone can be.

Take care and we'll keep you posted

I should state , we've added another Frenchie to our family in October 2021 , his name is Jimmi

Last edited:

Miszczak

Reaction score
The trembling could be a sign of pain. Welcome Jimmi!
Yes , absolutely it is a sign that the disease is still progressing throughout her body . Since her diagnosis she has been on a healthy diet , CbD oils , mushroom alternative ... many other numerous things but that dam cushings is relentless, we knew this day would come and as much as one can prepare for the relapse , it is never easy .

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Yes , absolutely it is a sign that the disease is still progressing throughout her body . Since her diagnosis she has been on a healthy diet , CbD oils , mushroom alternative ... many other numerous things but that dam cushings is relentless, we knew this day would come and as much as one can prepare for the relapse , it is never easy .

I’m sorry to hear about all your going thru now. Welcome Jimmi.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Just enjoy every minute you can and spoil her like crazy! She has been well cared for by you!